Shows & Clubs Know of a show to which you can bring your Blazer? Post it! Have a car club for Blazers? Tell us!

2010 Scrape by the Lake this weekend, eh.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ just wait 'til this dino on my desk top finishes loading up the pic's of the engine bay.

i took something like 70 or 80 pic's of the truck when we got to the air brusher's shop to pick it up. we were all speechless after letting out a big "DAAAAAAAMN!" when we walked through the door.

as most of you will know, pic's never do anything justice, but i'm sure you'll get the fell for everything that was put into the truck.

not bad for a home grown ride, eh?

since this machine of mine is still only @ 74% of the upload (been @ it for almost an hour now), i'm gonna let it finish on it's own.

i'm off to hit the hay, i'll post some up tomorrow night sometime.

l8er.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

soooo.................here's some pic's from the day we picked up his truck @ the air brusher's shop.

battery tray, which you'll never see (is hidden by a custom billet battery tray),

passenger side,

driver's side,

full front,

gas filler door,

more gas filler door. and no, that's not dust or wax on the black-it's stars (milky way, galaxy, etc.)

he was still cutting/polishing the custom rad shroud & driver's HL/vacuum canister cover,

this is a place no one will ever see. such beautiful art work, too bad the battery tray, billet tray & battery covers it up,

firewall (flash),

firewall (no flash). in direct sunlight there are no blacks in his work, just layer upon layer of blue's 'n purple's,

hope you enjoyed. if the weather is nice this weekend, i'll grab a few (dozen or so) pic's of the truck finished. (for now.............)

Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

WOW!

I have never seen anyone put that much work into an engine bay alone!!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:51 PM
BF Guru

thanks.

i'm actually surprised by the amount of people that were saying they never would've thought about doing something like that to an engine bay. kinda like the amount of people that seemed blown away by the fact that the seat brackets were painted to match the frame of the truck.

i don't know, maybe it's just those details that seem so obvious to us (my brother & me).

while i was just looking back @ the pic's i posted, it came to me................i'm pretty sure we didn't take any pic's of the engine bay right before we dropped in the driveline. well, i didn't anyways-we were pretty busy trying to get it in before going home. i was looking back through all the pic's i've taken of his truck, and i know i don't have any of the engine bay completed, with the frame painted, the new tubular upper/lower control arms installed, sterring components installed, wiring all tied up in the new loom, all of the brake lines/fuel lines/trany lines/master cylinder painted satin black.

maybe my brother snapped a few.

i'll have to ask him if he has some he can send me.

and i don't think i'm gonna be able to get any pic's of his truck this weekend. the weather is kinda crapy today, and we're both pretty busy on Sunday.

but that's ok, it's not like the truck is going anywhere. i'll see if i can get time before the long weekend to grab some more.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Thats quality right there! Its not about big engines, how low/high your trucks it. It all comes down to what you do to make it yours. Anyone can make the outside look good. Take pride in doing something that no one thinks about doing.

Congrats to you and your brother for doing something you love.

I'm really impressed by this piece of art!