General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 04:07 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Yeah the late 90's and early 2000's full size GM's used the same steering wheel, same steering column for the most part as well if I'm not mistaken. Heck if you can find one in good usable shape, you could throw on a wood-grain inlaid Escalade wheel if you really wanted too

Now we are talking!

I will start paying more attention to the Denalis and Escalades at my local salvage yard.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Threw another belt yesterday...Driving me nutz. Brand new belt and tensioner and still tearing up belts.. Upon close inspection, it looks like they are being cut into little strips from the backside. I cannot find any sharp spots or bumps on any of the smooth pulleys. All I can think is that the idler pulley is worn down to a slight taper which is causing the belt to slowly move forward. This may be allowing the edge of the ribbed pulleys to start slicing through the belt. So Ill be throwing a belt and idler pulley at it.

I did spend 20 minutes playing with Dash Command. It looks like this latest version with GM enhanced PID's does pull ABS codes on my '02..I didn't get much play time though before the belt tore itself up as described above.

Also found that Cyl2 is still throwing misfires. So we'll attack those once I can get a belt to stay on the truck.

So what did I get done on the blazer? As usual , it became just another question \ answer session.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:25 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Pulled a white face gauge cluster and the 3/4 of the ground effects off an extreme today. Can't wait to install it on mine!

Old 03-12-2018, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

More of what I will be doing after work lol... received the brakes I ordered on Friday... kid on Christmas I'm so happy...

Old 03-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
More of what I will be doing after work lol... received the brakes I ordered on Friday... kid on Christmas I'm so happy...
Where's the new calipers??

Old 03-12-2018, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran

Those are later... still working for now so I'm leaving them. But I do want them replaced. I'm lucky the wife is letting me get my lift kit next week. 1500 in parts his month... half needed and half wanted tho lol

Old 03-12-2018, 08:03 PM
BF Veteran

So mother nature shat on my hopes, snowed all day in town so too cold for me for tonight... And I'm being lazy now lol. But got another goody from the mail man when I got home, and now I have my new tie rod inners and outers, and adjusters. Now all I' missing is:

-1st gen centre link
-zq8 steering box
-2.5 rough country lift kit
-rough country steering stabilizer

1st two are next weekend at the wreckers, and rough country items are the 23rd... hopefully the same weekend I meet Logan for the trail blazer door trims.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran

So I got the front brakes done. Can' wait to do calipers in the summer.

then I went to the back... and they are seized and I can' t push them back in for the new pads. So they will have to wait for the new calipers to come in.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:30 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
So I got the front brakes done. Can' wait to do calipers in the summer.

then I went to the back... and they are seized and I can' t push them back in for the new pads. So they will have to wait for the new calipers to come in.
Those look great! How much and where did you get them? Also, please let us know how they perform!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran

So far it' hard to say about the performance. I'l be getting the rear calipers soon hopefully so I'll be able to update then. But I got them on Amazon. Good price I think considering I would be payed an extra 100$ at the parts store for resembling
parts.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?