General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Beginning Member
Thnos is on a distinguished road

Going home for lunch and hear a "crunch" from under the dash while pushing in the clutch.... Then no clutch. I could tell right away the pedal wasn't engaged and after pulling into a parking lot discovered the clip that held the cable on had broken. I made a temporary clip and got to the parts house where it took them almost 30 mins. an a few phone calls to find out what that part is called. The very small piece of plastic is called a "clutch pedal bushing" Dorman part 74014 $7.99 just in case you need to know!

Old 12-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Beginning Member
trollerguy is on a distinguished road

Going on my route Friday with my latest Blazer now pushing only 47,000 original miles and I noticed It got to where I could not make turns it wouldn't hardly turn for me. Well I started making large arc curves on my turns but it was getting so bad when I straightened up driving straight it felt like I was in a bind. Got worse all day but when I finished I knew I had better fix what ever problem was going on. Bought a new idler arm and pitman arm. Found out I did not need the pitman arm but on this 4 wheel drive I have never had this happen on any other of the many blazers I have had. Few days earlier my windshield wiper arms on driver side in pouring rain flew apart. I had to set in middle of the seat driving down the road to see out of the passenger side area. This is a first also. Always something new going wrong, sure will be glad to retire from this job in not too distant future.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:24 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Installed a new boss deck and speakers... 120$ for all 4 door speakers and a deck... pretty satisfied... first time having music in the back since k bought the blazer over two years ago lol

Old 12-19-2017, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Welp. Im back for a day or 2. Used to be on here every night but life/work etc...ya know...

Anyways. All ive done lately is drive the **** out of it and added some oil too it. Oh. Got drunk one night and ordered some "Belden premium drag racing plug wires" for my v8 swap. They were like $17 on rockauto. They yellow and pretty.....but anyways...started chasing a random misfire and decided to use these wires for the time being to rule out wires. Im impressed. Didnt fix the light random miss but you can tell the ignition system is mucho better. Better consistent pickup but then again i switched to 89 octane the same time too. Who knows. I do know with the 89 or 93 my gas mileage goes to crap,but it runs better. Oh yea...ordered a new distributor cap that drunk night too....Why??? its blue!!!.....with brass terminals...

Chris....lay off the vodka bro. LOL

Old 12-19-2017, 05:54 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Brought home some new(ish) rubber today, some 31x10.5's on some 2wd offset 15's. Have had the same size and offset on the Blazer before, but with MT's, I'm excited to see how these will look and ride on it. Actually a little taller than the MT's on the Blazer right now. Going to get them cleaned up, balanced, and mounted later this week.

And for kicks and giggles, ran over a stump pulling back around the house after unloading them onto the back porch

Old 12-19-2017, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
Welp. Im back for a day or 2. Used to be on here every night but life/work etc...ya know...

Anyways. All ive done lately is drive the **** out of it and added some oil too it. Oh. Got drunk one night and ordered some "Belden premium drag racing plug wires" for my v8 swap. They were like $17 on rockauto. They yellow and pretty.....but anyways...started chasing a random misfire and decided to use these wires for the time being to rule out wires. Im impressed. Didnt fix the light random miss but you can tell the ignition system is mucho better. Better consistent pickup but then again i switched to 89 octane the same time too. Who knows. I do know with the 89 or 93 my gas mileage goes to crap,but it runs better. Oh yea...ordered a new distributor cap that drunk night too....Why??? its blue!!!.....with brass terminals...

Chris....lay off the vodka bro. LOL
Should we create a new Public Service Announcement:
"Friends don't let drunk friends order truck parts."

Old 12-19-2017, 09:19 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Brought home some new(ish) rubber today, some 31x10.5's on some 2wd offset 15's. Have had the same size and offset on the Blazer before, but with MT's, I'm excited to see how these will look and ride on it. Actually a little taller than the MT's on the Blazer right now. Going to get them cleaned up, balanced, and mounted later this week.

And for kicks and giggles, ran over a stump pulling back around the house after unloading them onto the back porch

Those wheels the tires are on look pretty similar to your wheels you have on the truck. Definitely close in style.(I like yours better though)

I always liked the stump flex pictures...I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a handful of those myself lol

Old 12-20-2017, 07:54 AM

They remind me of Hummer H2 wheels to be honest lol but I kinda dig them. I rolled them beside the truck after I unloaded them and stood back, definitely a taller tire, and they look like they'll look good on it. We'll see!

Old 12-22-2017, 06:31 PM

Had the new shoes balanced and bolted them on today! She rides so much better around town now, like a TRUE grocery getter

While I was at it I put two full turns on the torsion bars. I had lowered them down and softened up the ride a while back when I let my mother in law borrow the truck for some time. Now that I put 31's back on it, I figured the extra clearance couldn't hurt.

The 2wd offset wheels definitely stick out more lol but they don't look too bad.

Fought these damn things for a little while... Had to have a buddy bring me his MUCH better quality key, better than the worn out ones I had. I split 2 of these things on the second wheel... Needless to say, I put REGULAR lug nuts back on it when I put the new wheels on lol

Old 12-22-2017, 07:16 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Replaced my busted up dash vent in my 2000 Jimmy with a Doorman replacement. However, the doorman does not have a provision for the sensor that is mounted in the center of the dash vent. I removed the sensor from the original dash vent. I broke of the sensor lock tabs and drilled out the center of the Doorman slightly undersize and press fit the sensor into the Doorman dash vent. The sensor looks like a factory installation. I am very pleased with the end result.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?