Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Calling All Lifted Trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dbrown843
What do you mean by Scalloping? I've actually never herd that word before, other than scallops that are very very good. hahahah
lol. By scalloping I mean the tread starts to bow out causing a scalloped effect on the tire. You can feel it if you run your hand over the tread (there are lot of high points). It happens to a lot of off road tires after a while. It causes a lot of vibrations in the tires and a rough ride. Tire rotation and proper suspension/brake maintenance can help avoid this though...Generally scalloping is easier (from what I've seen anyway) on more aggressive and deeper treads..

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
HAHA that's awesome. May I ask how it happened? And no worries about hijacking that's old skools thing, its gonna take a lot more than this to hijack.
And I have to butt in and say at this point you are hijacking the thread. This is a thread about lifted trucks, not wrecked civics. It's ok to get a bit off topic (we all do) but to the point of posting pics and telling stories that have nothing to do with the OP then it's to the point of hijacking. If you're interested in peoples wrecked rides, why not start up a "Wrecked" thread in this board then it can be open to everyone to post their rides they have wrecked in their life .

Old 11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

And that is exactly how you made it into my sig. Meany

Old 11-23-2009, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I love it!! hahaha nice job.

But back on topic...Dan, do you mind if I ask how much a grappler tire like that runs?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

If I may jump in I asked he said a grand for the set. Ha im ahead of you on this one. And you now have a permanent spot.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 86Blazer327
I guess Ill post a few pics for this thread. Better late than never
Missed these pics on the last page. SICK truck man. Those tires are awesome. Great looking trucks too! I love that front bumper/guard on the 4dr.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
LOL I just torched the push bar off a month ago as you can see in the build thread. I couldnt find a way to tie it together with the cage and make it look to my liking.
Thats all the same truck btw. I rolled the 4 door cab and caved the driver side a pillar into the dash and had to go with a 2 door body. I saw a build on Pirate where a guy took a 4 door cab and cut it off past the back doors and welded a pick up back window/back of cab to it. I wish I wouldve thought of that.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

hahaha alex, i got a great deal on mine they were around 230 a piece.
aynor tire mart, in conway, South Carolina.

and i wrecked my civic by some dood in a huge car, did a uturn infront of me then i go reended.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 86Blazer327
Thanks
LOL I just torched the push bar off a month ago as you can see in the build thread. I couldnt find a way to tie it together with the cage and make it look to my liking.
Thats all the same truck btw. I rolled the 4 door cab and caved the driver side a pillar into the dash and had to go with a 2 door body. I saw a build on Pirate where a guy took a 4 door cab and cut it off past the back doors and welded a pick up back window/back of cab to it. I wish I wouldve thought of that.
When I first looked at it I thought it was the same truck, but then you had mentioned it was a 4dr then a 2dr, so I just assumed you had gotten a new one. That's cool though. I knew the under pinnings and tires looked the same lol.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dabber
Other than the bumper and light placement truck looks good. Why did you do the bumper the way you did??
hey Dabber, thnx ... the guy that owned the blazer before me had the 3" lift put in, they didn't use or get the bumper relocation plates so thats how it sits. I'm going to get some 1/4" aluminum mesh, cut it to size, form it, weld plates on it so I can mount it on the bumpers with provisions for the front driving lights & a pair I'm putting on the rear bumper for backing up to the boat or ? at night. Then get them black powder coated.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Beginning Member
drmrman is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss this truck dearly...

G80 code FTMFW!

Enjoy...

Truck - 1997 chevrolet 2dr 4x4 blazer
Mods - 2" BL, 2" shackles, fabtech add-a-leaf, t tweak, 130 watt titanium slim lighters (KC), rola roof rack w/ 4 55 watt KC back up lights, SS grille, billet bowtie, tinted corner markers and tail lights, 2" reciever tubes with warn D shackles, trailer hitch, home made CAI, Under drive pulleys, MAF screen delete, 31" Firestone destination AT's, cragar soft 8's, debadged replaced with blacked out cobalt bowtie, 49" LED light bar, Bilstien ZR2 shocks, polyurathane sway bar bushings and end links.

Last edited by drmrman; 12-05-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling All Lifted Trucks!