Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Flexed her out today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:45 AM
01blaze2door is on a distinguished road

Ya, they were 140 a piece i beleave and they have a deal that when you buy 3 you get one free... so its a good deal.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Yeah thats what I was going to say. Looks like you are being limited by the sway bars because you have a fair amount of space between the rear tire and wheel well. You will get more sway especially if you remove the front one so go with some sort of disconnectable set up for the front links. The rear bar may not affect you too much but like Bennedict found out in Penn. you need the sway bars to pass inspection so if you remove the rear don't throw it out. Your set up almost exactly like mine. (See signature)
Well I didnt realy throw mine away(its sitting in my garage) But when I took off my rear sway bar I could not even tell it was gone. And as for flex I have big spots on my rear wheel wells where all the unber coating is rubbed away from my tires rubbing when im flexed out. But that also might have somthing to do with my not having rear bumb stops.

Heres an example, Front is disconnected and rear is off

Last edited by pj5454302; 09-19-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Yeah thats the look I like, miles of space between the wheel and wheelwell. Also, the mud aint bad either.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:04 PM

Also, the mud aint bad either.

Yeah Had a little fun yesterday

Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the whole debate about the rear sway bar affecting the handling of your truck comes down to one thing.

do you tow with it?

nice flew btw pj.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Yeah thats what I was going to say. Looks like you are being limited by the sway bars because you have a fair amount of space between the rear tire and wheel well. You will get more sway especially if you remove the front one so go with some sort of disconnectable set up for the front links. The rear bar may not affect you too much but like Bennedict found out in Penn. you need the sway bars to pass inspection so if you remove the rear don't throw it out. Your set up almost exactly like mine. (See signature)
actually....... there really isn't much difference in flex with or without the sway bars. the key is to having longer shocks. which I have 2" longer than stock shocks. the sway bars are built to flex as much as the suspension can handle (not counting shocks) the axle still has the freedom to move up or down as it is possibly capable. same with the control arms up front. the sway bars are meant to keep both wheels at the same position so the axle or the control arms don't become unbalanced from one another. For people like me and others that do a lot of off roading it is actually better to have the front and rear sway bar attached, because without those your axle can move and that is a really rough ride. similarly with the front. and also you need sway bars to pass inspection for these same reasons. Plus its really scary driving 65 passing trucks on the highway with no sway bars. imo safety >>>> a little more suspension flexibility

this is with no sway bars. I can still do that with my front and rears attached. I may have to take another picture... I drove up and over that hill after this was taken

Last edited by Benedict1337; 09-19-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:14 AM

I my rear shocks are designed for a 88-98 gm fullsize 4x4 truck, and are about 2.5-3 inches longer than stock. so no issuses on maxing out shocks here.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM
01blaze2door is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
the whole debate about the rear sway bar affecting the handling of your truck comes down to one thing.

do you tow with it?

nice flew btw pj.
No i dont tow. But i think im just gonna leave it on and get longer shocks...

Old 09-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

last night..

no rear swaybar

Old 09-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by djerock
last night..

no rear swaybar
LMAO!!! nice rockstar rims!