Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

A Lovely Rice Burner....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:05 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i love when they actually belong let alone work on the cars. The old buicks looked great with them, the new style isn't bad.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by neo71665
They are actually more commonly buick vents, they had them from the factory back in the 50s. My 1950 dynaflow used them to vent under hood heat from the straight 8 so back then they were very functional and not goofy stickers.
not around here. the ricer's around Toronto are slapping on those stick-on Escalade vents. a few of the guys that want to be "legit", will actually buy the fenders for their cars that have the Bimmer vents already in them.

and Buick had them up to the end of the 80's-actually, i think the '90 Roadmaster wagon was the last to have it. had them on my '79 LeSabre too, were actual inserts that fit into the fenders.

although they were more for nostalgia than anything else the last few decades.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

Ive definitely seen those Buick vents on some newer Park Avenues. Functional? Doubt it, but Im 90% sure they're stock because my great aunt (in her mid 60's) isnt into the street racing/import scene enough to pimp her Buick. She went legit homey.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, Buick has brought back the side vents to their cars, started back up a couple of years ago i think.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

I always liked the side vents from the late 70's Firebird and Camaro's

Old 03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Even if they aren't functional on the last 10 years of buicks, i still like the look because it is stock and it adds that little bit of edge, idk what else to call it, to the car and it looks good. My uncle drives a 2006 Buick Lucerne and it has the ports and looks good for an "older" guy car

Old 03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

IMO. Like them or not. It makes a difference when they are OEM vs stuck on.

Can think of a ton of other things to spend the $$$ on. Like first make it run like a million dollars before you just make it look like it does.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Ugly... I can just hear the guy ordering all his bodykit parts now

"Ill take the hood with the scoops, the fenders with the scoops, the ground effects with the most scoops, the bumpers with the scoops, and then Ill add scoops to the scoops scoops and mismatch the paint, it will be awesome"

On lambos... There is some clown in Edmonton that was driving an orange giardo around in the snow (I seen him too he was having trouble moving off the light with those summer tires on in the snow)... They were talking about him on the radio one day and the DJ asked that if anyone knows this guy to have him call in. So a couple hours later the guys calls the radio station and the DJ asks him why hes driving a 200 thousand dollar car around in the snow and the guy replys "cause I have alot of money and I can"

Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

A. The Honda looks like a transformer that got stuck.
B. The BMW looks like something from the movie Tron.

Ugh I love customizing anything with wheels, but man, there is nothing custom about everything on your car being inspired by video games, fast and the furious, and auto-zone.

But I've seen a few nice cars around my hometown here lately. No Lambo's, but did see a older Bently Arnage, Bently Continental and a Mazarati. I'm sure when I was looking at the continental drive by yesterday I looked like a seven year old girl that had just saw a unicorn! ha ha!