Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

New mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default New mods

Well over the past couple weeks I have added some things here and there to the Blazer so I figured I would just post them up in one thread instead of having a different thread in each section.

Anyways I added driving lights behind the grille which turned out to be alot of work that I did not expect. It is just VERY tight on the drivers side with the coil. I also put some lights on the back since they where the original ones I bought for the front but they wouldnt fit. Along with that I added a grille to my sub so I dont have to worry about throwing stuff back there. And finally I picked up a new spare tire cover that I found at the Wally world.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

that looks great.. i like the look of the retro fog light fit

Old 04-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Very nice. Now you just reminded me to order speaker grilles for my subs. lol

Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Starting Member

thanks for the compliments guys. I posted some more pics up in my album besides these.

nj4x4blaze- Yeah I just found a sale on one from amazon and decided to get it. I just had not been putting stuff in the back in case it would slide around but now I dont have to worry about it.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

speaker grill for the woofer is a good idea.. I already cracked one from stuff hitting it

Old 04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Lookin good. Your driverside headlight looks like it's put in wrong though. Make sure the bottom clips are in the slots. Also looks like your hood is a bit crooked lol (up too high on the drivers side). I know...I'm being picky. lol.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Nice little mods. I like the lights behind the grill.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Lookin good. Your driverside headlight looks like it's put in wrong though. Make sure the bottom clips are in the slots. Also looks like your hood is a bit crooked lol (up too high on the drivers side). I know...I'm being picky. lol.
Actually when I bought the blazer it had a salvage title. My buddy I got it from's mom works in the office at a scrap yard and when it came in his parents bought it for him and fixed it. But they went pretty cheap on the body work and the guy that did it just kinda made it work. So the whole front end is a little off haha.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a picture of the install for the lights? Where did you mount them?

Old 04-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Starting Member

well I really dont have any install pics but I can try to take some but I wont be able to for a week or so.

First thing to do is to take your grille out. As you will see there is what I figured is an air conditioner coil on the drivers side. This is the biggest problem with clearance. You will have to get some lights that are no wider than 3inches. I had to trim off the plastic covering along the bottom of the radiator to have room for mounts. You could mount the lights to that plastic but they would be very unsturdy. What I did was to build mounts that bolted with the same bolt that hold the bumper on. I just used some flat metal and drilled two holes on each end. One for the bumper bolt and then one for the fog light. I put them at a 45 degree angle toward the radiator and trimmed to get as close as I could without touching the coil. I will try to post up some pictures of the install which might show you better how they went in. But know that you must have very slim lights and this is not an easy install, atleast it was not for me. I cant remember how many times i took the grille on and off and trimmed and adjusted to get them to sit in there and to be able to adjust far enough down.