Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Performance World 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:28 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Performance World 2010

not sure how many members in the GTA are actually into the custom car & truck scene, but i've grown up in it all my life.

as such, every year, just before the warm weather hits us with the urge to pull out our Summer toys (something our fine weather friends have no idea about ), there is an unofficial start to the itch called Performance World.

Friday March 12th, my son and i met up with my youngest brother, his friend, and my brother right below me to view what creations have been hatched over the winter.

well..........lets just say that the recession hasn't hit these guys! there was some seriously sick rides there. the main hall houses the top 20 vehicles @ the show in 20' x 20' displays. although there are always some that you think should be up there instead, all of the vehicles in the main hall have endless hours of labour and detail put into them.

**edit** yes! i've finally got the thumnail links to work! bear with me as i throw some more up for you guys.

hope you enjoyed!

Last edited by old skool luvr; 03-16-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

YESS!!! You finally removed the date and time off your camera!! .

And nice cars...that Cadillac CTS (red and black) was from SEMA a couple years back. It's been touring ever since. It was at both shows last year in Moncton that I went to.
I think my favorite from those pics is both the new black Camaro's and the old orange Camaro. I like that Beemer too though, and the Chevelle is nice too...

Man this gets me in the mood for car shows. I can't wait now for the shows to start up down here!! . Speed Sport in Moncton is the first big one I believe. I'll have to check on the dates for it..

Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
YESS!!! You finally removed the date and time off your camera!! .
i never had the time on there Alex, and i removed the date after the last time you *ahem* "pointed" it out to me.

i thought i'd seen that Caddy around the mags before, but it looks sooooo much sweeter in person.

too bad my POS-i mean my P & S-is acting up in dark pic's, 'cause that murdered out '69 Camaro is killer-pure Mad Max look to it. it'll be on Power Tour 2010, so keep an eye out for it. same goes for that 2010 Camaro with the twin turbo'd LSX engine, ithe paint was too dark for my camera to pick it up properly (it's actually a really dark chocolate brown). now that thing was killer X2! running 22's up front & monster 26's out back....mmmmmm. prblem is, that car probably won't ever see some real drive time.

so many other cars that were there to take pic's of, but alas i forgot to top up the battery in the camera, and after 200 (or so) pic's, it died. which sucks big time, 'cause there was a '70 Goat near the back of that hall that was along the same theme as that Camaro & Caddy (only managed a couple of that one before it said good night).

Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Custom cars

Old 03-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to like Performance World but over the last couple years I think its starting to suck. I used to go every year. I find the cars are repeating year after year with very little or nothing changed. Just my thoughts though. I do appreciate the new ones that actually show up but for the amount that are new to the show its just not worth the drive anymore.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:36 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Dabber
I used to like Performance World but over the last couple years I think its starting to suck. I used to go every year. I find the cars are repeating year after year with very little or nothing changed. Just my thoughts though. I do appreciate the new ones that actually show up but for the amount that are new to the show its just not worth the drive anymore.

i had noticed that a few years ago, but i think they've done a better job @ getting new vehicles inther over the last few years. but i know that the Import crap @ the last hall usually is just that-not that Import's are crap, it's just mostly s**t boxes that people have pulled into the parking lot with. besides, it's mostly vendors back there now.

but the show was definately smaller this year. for those that have gone in the past & know how big it usually is, this year it was only back to hall 4, and about 1/2 of hall 3A was not used.

since i work in Brampton, and live less than a hour North of Malton (where the International Center is, and where the show is held), i'm really not going out of my way, which is also why we always go on Friday night.

my biggest problem lately is the price. it's up to $20, although there is usually a coupon for some $ off the admission price, this year it was only $3 off, good only on Friday-and you had to be thre before 5pm!
all those restrictions, and nothig "extra" there for you. i'm talking about the usual bikini girls on Friday nights, or the autograph sessions. not anymore, that stuff is for the "full paying attendee" during the rest of the weekend.

even though it's kinda becoming a regualr thing (for the last 30 years!), i'm not sure if it's worth it anymore.......................just figured out it cost me just under $50 for the night (not including fuel, since i was down there).

ah, i'll probably end up going next year as well anyways!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

those were some pretty nice cars. makes me ready for autofair this spring.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what I mean this show used to use all the halls and would be packed in tight.Not really worth the price anymore(price up car count down) Just about an hour drive for me from here. Last hall doesn't really bother me much, I go in there cause they usually have some pretty good deals on stereo equipment and such and a few other things here and there without "ricing out my ride" LOL.