Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Post Off-Roading Pic

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Banned
brendan127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Just my 2 bits here, but stock vs. stock a ZR2 Blazer is no where near a Jeep Wrangler in straight up capabilities. The jeep has longer travel in the suspension and better axles. I think the drive train in the Blazers is better, but the moment you start upgrading parts the Jeep walks all over the Blazers (both ZR2 and non, excluding custom fabrication). Way more bolt on parts. Don't get me wrong, I love my Blazer but the Jeep is factory purpose built as an off-road capable vehicle. The Blazer (ZR2's included) are built as a comfortable highway vehicles that can go off-road occasionally.

As for the 4-door vs. 2-door debate; having driven both off-road the difference in capabilities is negligible, and unless you have wheeled in both you can't say authoritatively that one is better than the other. I wheel my 4-door Blazer fairly regularly, and I go through stuff that lots of shorter wheel based 4x4s get stuck in because I know how to drive off-road. Its all about experience, knowing the conditions and your truck (proper tires help too).

People buy a vehicle based on their needs. I have a 4 door Blazer because I have kids and I want the space to haul my camping gear. The 2-door Blazers work great for young teenagers because the only people who they put in the back seat are other teenagers who can put on a seatbelt by themselves. If you've tried to buckle a booster seat into the back of a 2-door Blazer or Jeep you know what I'm talking about.
First off, I never specifically said Wrangler, so I don't know where that came from.

s10 Blazer zr2 mud fun run ! also jeep cherokee wrangler Schwab Shop Customs - YouTube

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
I think the blazer's are constantly being underrated off-road. I keep up with jeeps on a regular basis no problem.

and now back to your regularily scheduled programming
Good input.

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
heres mine during our new years run
Ugliest sidestep that I have ever seen, lol. But aside from that, amazing flexing, and nice truck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_1z8...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAokO...4&feature=plcp

Last edited by brendan127; 01-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PlanB4x4
my 2 cents on the zr2 to jeep topic, I wheeled with a jeep in those pictures and i did every thing he did and didn't get stuck once. I also had to pull them both out the hole day, grant that iv been doing this a hole lot longer then both of them..... that being said I'm not saying zr2's are more capable then a jeep but will deff. keep up and deserve credit, this truck so far has don't nothing but surprise me in all positive ways. I also do believe that the drive has a heck of a lot to do with how good a vehicle will preform off road....iv been places with my k10 with 35s and six inches of lift that iv witnessed people with 40 and well over 10 inches of lift not make it, its all in how hard you hit the skinny pedal and what u think ur truck is capable of at the time lol.

Jamaroon, your truck is looking real good love the wheels and just general setup you got going on. I have to do a body lift now cause every time i see yours i go to summit or ebay and start pricing out what kit i want lol, I'm torn between doing a first gen 3inch or a 2inch.
Thanks man, I'd say stick with the 2", there's a lot more hassle involved with the 3" and if you want 33's you'll still need to hack up you're flares if you off-road

Old 01-07-2012, 02:48 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i think its well known that that hummer is just an rc car. you can tell just by the way it looks and how you can see the panels from a garage door behind it.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:50 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

That's some crazy flex man. Nice work on the Blazer!

Old 01-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Starting Member
PlanB4x4 is on a distinguished road

Jamaroon, yeah I'm already running the 33 12.5 15 tsl's and i did have to do some trimming i just want more room for when i got wheeling, your truck has the stance i want so I'm shooting for that after the 2inch body....thanks for the info tho.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:16 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

u guys not like the pink? lol it was my wifes idea, since its really her rig anyhow, she just lets me do what i want with it...lol. the pink wont last long, but it pleased her for a lil bit. its really not that bad, come on now. :P

Old 01-07-2012, 08:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

u guys not like the pink? lol it was my wifes idea, since its really her rig anyhow, she just lets me do what i want with it...lol. the pink wont last long, but it pleased her for a lil bit. its really not that bad, come on now. :P

tough guys wear pink

Old 01-07-2012, 09:53 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

tough guys wear pink

damn rite! lol

Old 01-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Banned
brendan127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by litterbug
i think its well known that that hummer is just an rc car. you can tell just by the way it looks and how you can see the panels from a garage door behind it.
That's a warehouse... so the panels will be big.

Secondly, even of that is true, it just makes the s10 look so much better.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:43 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by brendan127
That's a warehouse... so the panels will be big.

Secondly, even of that is true, it just makes the s10 look so much better.
thats an rc model if you look at the beginning there is no driver

how the hell is it going to make a blazer look good

Quick Reply: Post Off-Roading Pic