Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Post your torsion bar lift here

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazermoose00
pj love the way your truck sits, I want to lift my 2000 ls 4x4 can you tell me what all you did and how hard was it
I have ebay 2.5 inch lift keys,ball joint flip. This is bolting the upper baljoint onto the bottom of the upper control arm as apposed to on top like it is from the factory. Makes it easier to align and more downward travle.

and a zone 2inch body lift.

Now I know that the ebay keys will wear stuff out fast on the front end, I know that becuse I had a 2 inch tbar crank for 2 years, But I wheel the crap out of my truck so I am replacing the front end once a year anyways so mise well get the lift I want out of the front.

So When I got the keys I also replaced the inner and outer Tie rods and Idler arm. I have a moog idler so when that gets loose just take it out and get a new one for free, and I got tie rods with a 2 year warrenty so when those wear out this time next year Ill replace them for free.

Now the last time I got ball joints ( march of 2011) I got the cheap autozone ones but before memorial day weekend Im replacing all 4 again with some lifetime warrenty ones so when they wear out ill just swap in new ones.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Beginning Member
blazermoose00 is on a distinguished road

Ok so just put the balljoint in the litle cup and bolt it in frm the bottom of the control arm, also need 2 inch keys and what size shackles you got, and 2 inch body lift. what about wear on the half shafts i hear mixed responses but would rather hear from someone that actually wheels thier truck. also this is my daily driver for right now do you see any adverse affects in doing all this

Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Beginning Member

Also how hard was it to do your bl, I read thru rough countries lift and it sounds like a horror story, where did you get yours and did you install yourself. I appreciate all your help

Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I got 2inch lift shackles, and the body lift was a huge pain to install it took me about 10 hours to install it and I got it from zone.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

body lifts aren't "hard" it just helps if you have a friend or two to help you and a solid day to do it.

and I replaced all my parts with moog and I broke both of the moog tie rods. My moog ball joints and idler arm held up pretty good thou. My recommendation if you want to crank your tbars the whole way and don't want to keep paying for parts but moog and all the better parts they will last longer and they have a lifetime warranty. If you do do some wheeling and something breaks just save your receipts can clean up the broken part and take it back in they will give you a new one. Worked on my hub's cv's and tie rods

Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

Also how hard was it to do your bl, I read thru rough countries lift and it sounds like a horror story, where did you get yours and did you install yourself. I appreciate all your help
BL's arent that bad, just go slow and follow the directions don't miss step. Takes a full day to do and any extra hands is good. a friend and i did mine this summer and it came out great. One thing to remember if you want to remount the rear bumper at the same height you will have to cut the steel bracket, we didnt have anything strong enough to do so i had to ask a local shop to help, and they did it no problem. On the front you need to trim the plastic valence to clear some things but its not bad at all.

Here's a photo of the body lift Sorry for the **** cell phone photo

And not to thread jack, here is my truck with 2" shackles and 1.5" T-Bar

Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Beginning Member

Well I wanna thank you guys, I live in georgia and we got just about any scenario you can dream up, except snow well sometimes but only for a day. I havent really made my mind up. as it sits the options are limited but a solid axle swap and four link suspension give you more options. what do yall think about solid axle swaps, I also thought about puttin my body on an older blazer frame and gettin outrageous with it. like I said Im in the plannin stage but only wanna do this once.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Beginning Member

MikeRo where did you get the front brushguard and how much was it?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

Well I wanna thank you guys, I live in georgia and we got just about any scenario you can dream up, except snow well sometimes but only for a day. I havent really made my mind up. as it sits the options are limited but a solid axle swap and four link suspension give you more options. what do yall think about solid axle swaps, I also thought about puttin my body on an older blazer frame and gettin outrageous with it. like I said Im in the plannin stage but only wanna do this once.
My plan (Eventually we are talking at least 5years) when i pay off some of my student loans and get a new daily driver. If the blazer is still alive it becomes a project vehicle, and i was going to solid axle it. The IFS is not the greatest especially when you start offloading it heavily. I nice Solid axle with no clearance issues on 35's.....some day. A man can dream right?.

The brush guard came with the Truck, Unfortunatly i had to sell it because it didn't fit with the body lift. Make sure you check on that if you want one before you do a body lift, the may not clear it unless you change the mounts, and without a welder and cutter i sold it

Last edited by MikeRo; 03-07-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: no double posting
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Beginning Member

Wow small world, I was born and raised in south jersey, Camden as a matter of fact but I escaped in 1990. Have lived in georgia since. I am about the same as you only my plan is within the next 2 years to have it finished. I want a brush guard but I guess Ill wait and get one after I decide which direction I am going. and dream big man our toys are really our last escape lol

Quick Reply: Post your torsion bar lift here