Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

1997 chevy Balzer LT emergency brake cable mystery..

Old 03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Beginning Member
sixvictor1 is on a distinguished road
Default 1997 chevy Balzer LT emergency brake cable mystery..

I'm having a problem trying to find the replacement for my emergency brake cable. I have a 1997 Chevy blazer LT all wheel drive with the 4.6 liter... I've taken my truck to two different Chevy dealerships and they both cant tell me what is the type of emergency brake cable I need to get for my truck.. I've also spent a few days looking thru a few junkyards with no luck... My emergency brake cable is attached to the "T0P" portion of my rear drums.. not on the side as all of the trucks in the junkyard and the Chevy dealership diagrams show... I still have the cable that comes from the pedal installed... But the next set of cables that go ( apparently ) to the passenger side rear brake is no longer there.. But the cable coming from the driver side rear drum is still on the vehicle.. This has the rear drums fro the emergency brake inside the the unit for the disk brake.... This is the only vehicle I've seen this way...Any help to solve this mystery would be appreciated... Thanks again...

Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Thread Closed - Double Post* - Please be patient & wait for responses. You can always bump a post if you haven't received a response in 24 hours. Forum rules prohibit the posting of the same thread topic in multiple forum sections. Since your other, newer thread has a response, I am closing this one.