Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2.5" Lift kit help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012 | 06:47 PM
|
Beginning Member
Curtis Hieb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Its a pretty straight forward install it just takes some time to complete everything so make sure you don't need to be anywhere for a day or two! Also once you place the order go outside and spray every nut and bolt with PB Blaster or whatever you prefer and then reapply it everyday or at least every other day until you start the install. Some may say thats overkill but I say why spend hours fighting rusted bolts when you don't have to
Ok, yeah. Makes sense. Also, I think i remember seeing somewhere to recheck and tighten bolts a second time after some miles and regularly check them all or something. would i need to do that? maybe just the recheck one time to make sure everything is good, or what?

Old 12-21-2012 | 07:04 PM
|
Beginning Member
Curtis Hieb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Its a pretty straight forward install it just takes some time to complete everything so make sure you don't need to be anywhere for a day or two! Also once you place the order go outside and spray every nut and bolt with PB Blaster or whatever you prefer and then reapply it everyday or at least every other day until you start the install. Some may say thats overkill but I say why spend hours fighting rusted bolts when you don't have to
Ok, yeah. Makes sense. Also, I think i remember seeing somewhere to recheck and tighten bolts a second time after some miles and regularly check them all or something. would i need to do that? maybe just the recheck one time to make sure everything is good, or what?