Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

94 blazer steering wheel replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
joshb is on a distinguished road
Default 94 blazer steering wheel replacement

Hi all, new member here. glad to know that theres a forum just for blazers i hope im posting this in the right place, as i said im a new user. but i have a 1994 chevy blazer, and the steering wheel is getting kind of old. the foam is wearing down and leaves a sticky residue on my hands, especially in cold and wet weather. i was hoping to get an exact replacement of the steering wheel. however, i know it may be hard to track one down. so my first question would be, does anyone know where the best places to look online would be to find an exact replacement? second question, if i cant track one down, what are some things i need to consider when purchasing a new after market steering wheel? any and all help is greatly appreciated

Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

I have thought about changing steering wheels at different times on all of my Blazers. I hate how big they are. My Durango's steering wheel is smaller and I like the fit. I call the Blazer steering wheels "Deuce-and-a-half" steering wheels (old military guys like me will know what that means).

Anyway, I just can't seem to get around not having an airbag since my wife drives all my vehicles also. That's one thing I would consider if going aftermarket.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 PM
joshb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rockp2
I have thought about changing steering wheels at different times on all of my Blazers. I hate how big they are. My Durango's steering wheel is smaller and I like the fit. I call the Blazer steering wheels "Deuce-and-a-half" steering wheels (old military guys like me will know what that means).

Anyway, I just can't seem to get around not having an airbag since my wife drives all my vehicles also. That's one thing I would consider if going aftermarket.
how would that work exactly? sorry, im only 25 lol. but if i was to buy a steering wheel with an airbag, would all i have to do is wiring? or is there more to it than that?

Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Not sure what you would need to do. But with the engineering that goes into when an airbag deploys, etc...are aftermarket steering with airbags available? I don't know. As far as I knew, if you go aftermarket (for the type of steering wheels I like), you lose the airbag.