Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

A1 Auto front end kits Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Beginning Member
Sundragon is on a distinguished road
Default A1 Auto front end kits Question

Prices seem to good to be true on the front end kits, anyone evaluated the quality???
The kit I am looking at has both upper control arms, ball joints, idler arm, tie rod outer and inner, pitman, and stabilizer links..
All this for less then $170. Is this stuff ok, seems to good to be true, I usually spend about 800 bucks to do those items.

thanks

Old 11-28-2018, 11:56 AM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

All depends on the brand of components they come with. I've heard of 1A many times before, but I'm not all that familiar with them and don't know what brand components they use.

When I bought my 04 Blazer I purchased a complete front end kit off eBay with parts made by "OE Brand". Clever naming, crappy quality as it turns out... Ended up having to replace all 4 ball joints and the idler again arm within 6 months...

Like most things, you really do get what you pay for. Since that happened to me, I've bought nothing but Moog parts to replace them and haven't had an issue since, and that was about 4 years ago now. They're more pricey up front, but they will last longer than the cheaper knock-off "economy" brands.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Beginning Member
Sundragon is on a distinguished road

Yeah, price generally equates to quality. I think i will pass on this,,, I have been a Moog proponent for years, although I think some China forgeries occur, I have seen this in ball joints that fail prematurely.
I have been buying from Advance Auto the last few years as they have limited lifetime on most parts. Bought my daughter a used Z71 Sierra and the previous owner had all receipts for front end parts, I went through the entire front end and they honored warranty on all components, ball joints, hubs, idler, tie rods etc, saved me around 600 bucks.

If you dig into this aftermarket parts world, there is a lot of hocus pocus going on, rebranding, forgeries and what not. I have bought generic parts that where Moog, and Moog parts that I don't think were Moog etc...... You just have to go with your level of experience and hope for a little luck!

Old 11-28-2018, 07:58 PM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road

i sourced all moog online and saved several hundred bucks , I had to order from 3 different places to get everything i wanted but that's only because of out of stock items and one place wanted to sell me the wrong pitman arm , i verified all the part numbers off the Moog website. just an example ....a local place wanted 107 bucks for the idler but on line it was 78 bucks.