Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Adding a stock replacment steering stabilizer to a truck built without

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:29 PM
ROADRAGE79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding a stock replacment steering stabilizer to a truck built without

I have a 98 S-10 Jimmy, 4x4. I bought replacement everything for the front suspension (except the centerlink), and they gave me a steering stabilizer. My truck wasnt equippped with one from the factory, but I would like to add it. There is a bracket on the frame for it, but I do not have the correct centerlink. I called the dealer for a price on the correct centerlink, but they need a part number. Has anyone added one, and if so, do you have a part number?

Thanks for any help.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Adding a stock replacment steering stabilizer to a truck built without

What does the shock look like? Does the moving end of the shock just have bushings, washers, and a nut straight off the end of the shaft or does it have a welded on 'T' on the end.

I have seen some people just make up a bracket and use u-bolts to fasten it to the centerlink.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
ROADRAGE79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Adding a stock replacment steering stabilizer to a truck built without

both ends are the same, just on opening for a bolt to go through. I thought about just using a u bolt or something, but I would prefer to use the right centerlink. I work in the insurance industry, and I can easily imagine some over zealous adjuster screwing me over somehow if I get into an accident.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM
pbishop is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: ROADRAGE79

I can easily imagine some over zealous adjuster screwing me over somehow if I get into an accident.
Scarry thought, especially comming from someone who works in the industry.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Beginning Member
01ice is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did one on my 01,I went to the wreckers and pickedup a center link with extra hole for stabalizer for $20,then swaped it out everything fits right together.