Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

All i want for christmas is my 4wd TO WORK

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Starting Member
bjhibell is on a distinguished road
Default All i want for christmas is my 4wd TO WORK

Hello Nube here i will be glad to help anybody i can with blazer problems but i dont have a lot of experience. I have an 01 blazer with the 4 button and i smelled plastic burning inside the passenger compartment and nothing works on the 4x4 no lights either. MY mechanic said the tccm and encoder motor was bad so i bought a doorman encoder motor and a never tccm manufactured 08 installed them myself and cleared the codes but no luck . seems to be no power. and i checked fuses I have an appointment at the mechanics in a week. My Question is how does the 4wd auto button work is the front axle in all the time or does it shift in and out the reason i am asking is if the mechanic says there is more problems i was thinking about a manual 4x4 shifter or leaving it in 4wd auto over winter then switching it back to 2hi in the spring. Is this bad for the vehicle and does the transfer case have a 4wd auto position ? Thanks for any help

Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Starting Member
Tinted is on a distinguished road

do you have any lights on the dash? do you hear the tccm clicking? if the fuse is good you should check if you have power coming out of the TCCM harness.

could be bad dash switch.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Check the fuse in the engine compartment that says ATC, that happened to me last year and it was that fuse

Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it's time to dig into the wiring and find what's burnt. Smelling burnt plastic is never a good sign and throwing new components in might be a surefire way to render them inoperative as well.

NV236 Wiring & Diagnostic Information shows the wiring involved.