Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Anyone else ever run into this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 PM
myawsomemoneypit is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone else ever run into this?

So i ripped into my suspension the mission was to replace balljoints upper and lower pitman arm idler arm and wheel hub assemblys. We were knocking that stuff out quick so we decided hey the front left cv half axle was on the ta do list so lets just tackle that so we rip it out had my wife go pit me up a new one, took the new one out of the box and it looks like the one for the right side. The one on the left side has a flange that has six bolt holes the one that advanced auto gave me just has a end that you stick into like a coupler (which looks like the right side). So we take a break and run back to the store with both that one and the one that we took out of the blazer and the guys there are baffled that start pulling every cv joint and the closes one is about a inch to short and they found it for a 94 blazer. By the way this is a 99 blazer 4x4. So to sum up the story couldn't find the right axle and had to put the old one on for now. Anybody have any thoughts?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like someone has swapped the passenger side output on your truck with an older style... They both should be the same design R/L.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
myawsomemoneypit is on a distinguished road

hmm yeah there deffinatly not the same the one on the passenger side goes into a coupler and the driver side which was the one I was trying to replace has a flange with the six bolt holes. Weird