Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Anyone running Monroe Sensa-Trac Coilover shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Beginning Member
MB4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone running Monroe Sensa-Trac Coilover shocks?

The rear is saggy and I was thinking of replacing the stock shocks with Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting coilover shocks. Will they help and lift the Jimmy for around one to two inches?

Does anyone have experience with these shocks? They're around 170 bucks a pair, regular ones cost just 40 the pair and I am wondering if it's worth paying the difference.

http://www.monroe.com/products/sensa...justshocks.asp

Old 02-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

don't know about those, but im running monroe air shocks
i've had these for awhile. they are pretty good and give a little lift. keep in mind shocks aren't what lift your truck its the springs. so eventually the shocks will not be able to take the weight and give out. blocks are best if you're carrying large loads. otherwise i'd suggest a shackle lift and a t-bar crank

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...AMS_1110300327___

Old 02-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I had them on my old 2k Bravada. They didn't really lift the back much, but they definitely supported higher loads a lot better.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

if you're looking at taking care of the saggy rear end I'd say look at a add-a-leaf or shackles for the rear
1-2" lift shackles are the norm & blocks are only good if your rear springs are ontop of the axle... mine, like most are under the axle, so blocks would lower the rear

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Beginning Member

Well is there a way to "crank down" the torsion bars to make it level? Might be the cheapest way...

Old 03-02-2010, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran

by cranking down the T bars you may run into issues with the front tires rubbing in turns
or bottoming out during big bumps
plus when you alter the T bars you really should get an alignment & thats $74 in Wpg. at a place i know of.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Beginning Member
AKJeff64 is on a distinguished road
Default Coilover shocks..

I installed a set of these not too long ago. The old Sensatracs needed replacing anyway and I occasionally tow a trailer with snowmachines in the winter and a small camper in the summer. They seem to help with the trailer by maintaining the rear end height. I paid about $112 for the pair and am happy with them.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks Rotti and Jeff. Since I am pulling my Quad and stuff around from time to time I think I am gonna give them a try. Will post before/after pics once I am done.

Rotti do you know a good place in Winnipeg to get a pair of those? PartSource and Canadian Tire have the same price for them...

Old 03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by MB4x4
Thanks Rotti and Jeff. Since I am pulling my Quad and stuff around from time to time I think I am gonna give them a try. Will post before/after pics once I am done.

Rotti do you know a good place in Winnipeg to get a pair of those? PartSource and Canadian Tire have the same price for them...
a pair of what, the coil over shocks? No idea man, sorry, shop around, ask garages.
I'll ask my friend that owns Duals, a custom exhaust shop that does a lot of general mechanical. He's a pretty fart smeller
The specs on a 2000 Jimmy are that you can tow 4600lbs. If you're looking to level out the rear I'd say 1.5" shackles or Add-a-Leaf. The shocks will probably just smooth the ride out, not lift it so much or at all.

<edit> I've found that a lot of places in the states even with shipping, duty & currency exchange are cheaper than if we bought here.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:02 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Im probally going to be putting these in soon. I just replaced the leaf springs and u bolts and all the fun stuff about 3 months ago and now that im always on the beach, carrying 5 people and the back full of stuff they can use the help supporting the weight. Seeing them go to dead straight and have no arc and low riding is killing me and they are brand new. Granted its a decent amount of weight but im going to get these to help out. Pretty much what Kyle said is what im looking for. Anyone else running them?