Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

C0323, C0308, Service 4WD light

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Beginning Member
Matthew Ackerson is on a distinguished road
Default C0323, C0308, Service 4WD light

Hey guys I still dont have a answer as to why my 4x4 does not work. I do know these facts however

1. Initially I found a blown ATC fuse. Replaced. Has not blown again since I bought truck.
2. Found the connection for Encoder motor worn through and wires cut by front drivershaft. Cut both connectors off and hardwired them together. Just checked again, still good.
3. I have a Service 4WD light on my dash.
Scan tool said C0323 AND C0308??

4. During a quick key cycle I can see all indicator lights flash very quickly but that's it.
5. TCCM and 4x4 switch where replaced by previous owner
6. I have power at the vacuum switch on my firewall, also have power going to the indicator light switch on the front axle.
7. Also have power and ground at BOTH TCCM and 4x4 selector switch on the dash.
My question is with the shorted wires I found, would the "new" TCCM still be good? Was a brand new part from NAPA.

Also how can check my Encoder motor to determine if it's burned out or stuck? Do in have to take it off the transfer case? ?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

C0323 - Transfer Case Lock Circuit Low
C0308 - Motor A/B Circuit Low

Have you Ohm'd out the wiring from the TCCM to the Encoder and from the encoder motor to the ATC fuse to ensure that things are wired correctly and forming a proper circuit?

Old 03-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Beginning Member
Matthew Ackerson is on a distinguished road

Thanks man. No I have not as Im not sure what a good Ohm reading should be. What are the proper Ohms for this circuit when it's working correctly? I also reconnected the wires according to the color because of the damaged connector.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The circuits should have a very low resistance value, basically single digit ohm values when checking from one end of the wire to the other.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:43 AM
Groundunit is on a distinguished road

I just replaced my encoder motor. I didn't have any scan tools for it so I had to really just take a risk and listen to the blazer. When your car is off and you try to switch to 4wd (whichever one) do you hear the encoder motor clicking? If so then at least it's getting power. Otherwise, there is some electrical problem and the TCCM should be diagnosed. If you do here the clicking then try replacing the encoder motor.

I'm not exactly sure if this is your problem, but this was my experience with it. If you do end up replacing the motor then make sure you put that plastic plate that is on the old motor on the new one. Or get a new one.