Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

caster problem 1997 chevy blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Beginning Member
duckland23 is on a distinguished road
Default caster problem 1997 chevy blazer

hi guys

so I have a front end alignment done last week and . the tech adjusted the toe and camber im in specs there . I had replaced all my ball joints tierod ends and pitman and ilder arm last year I have under 10,000 miles on the new parts . I have a squeaking in the front end and was wondering if the upper rubber bushing would cause that .

I also have new tires from sears . I would like to fix this baby .I also replaced the front shocks too but not the back ones .I also replaced the link bushing on the stabilizer bar up front but not the bushing on the crossmeber frame . I should of for the price of them .

so if you guys can answer what would cause the caster off . the truck don't feel right and my steering wheel is off center but don't pull or when braking too . If my memory serves me right I moved the wheel at the gear box , no biggy I can move her back .

Help me fix this bear guys .I love my truck

Old 11-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by duckland23
hi guys

so I have a front end alignment done last week and . the tech adjusted the toe and camber im in specs there . I had replaced all my ball joints tierod ends and pitman and ilder arm last year I have under 10,000 miles on the new parts . I have a squeaking in the front end and was wondering if the upper rubber bushing would cause that .

I also have new tires from sears . I would like to fix this baby .I also replaced the front shocks too but not the back ones .I also replaced the link bushing on the stabilizer bar up front but not the bushing on the crossmeber frame . I should of for the price of them .

so if you guys can answer what would cause the caster off . the truck don't feel right and my steering wheel is off center but don't pull or when braking too . If my memory serves me right I moved the wheel at the gear box , no biggy I can move her back .

Help me fix this bear guys .I love my truck
If you here squeaking while driving..9 out of 10 it`s gonna be either the upper or lower control arm bushings.If the bushings are bad they will squeak with any imperfections of the road or street your driving on.Usually when someone does a front wheel alignment,they make sure the steering wheel is suppose to be where it`s suppose to be.Straight.But you didn`t say if you`ve took off the steering linkage to the steering box afterwards or before.