Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

changing steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 06:39 AM
racsan is on a distinguished road
Default changing steering wheel

id like to change out the stock '97 steering wheel, want one without the deep"dish" my stock one has. the issue is that the seat has to be moved when my wife drives it or if she drives it after ive driven it. with the taurus we found one spot that worked for both of us without messing with the seat adjustment. the biggest difference i see between the two vehicles is that the taurus had no dish to the steering wheel, but the blazer does. she is bigger than i and needs the seat back so he belly isnt up against the wheel, its a power seat and id rather not constantly move it, someday its going to quit working and be in one spot. im sure its going to have to be a g.m. wheel and im not concerned about keeping a airbag or horn in it. i just want a wheel with as little dish as possible so the seat can stay in one spot. other wise i'll just ride and let her drive all the time. anyone swapped out a sterring wheel or know what ones would interchange? the tilt function doesnt do much good.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:39 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

*bumping* to see if any thought/ideas/or experianxces are out there.