Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Control arm frame bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Bruiser is on a distinguished road
Default Control arm frame bracket

I have a 92 s-10 Blazer. I swerved to miss an accident the other day when it was icy and I ended up hitting a curb drain with my passenger tire. I had it in to get checked out because the tire didn't point straight anymore. I need a new upper control arm, ball joints and a new spindle, But.... The bracket that holds the lower control arm to the frame cracked it's weld and now the frame has a 2 inch crack. I have not called a frame repair shop yet but I was wondering if this can be fixed without putting a new frame in and if it is a semi easy fix. The shop said that the frame is rusted through but it is not. Yes there is surface rust and the frame is solid from what I can tell. I didn't think I hit the curb that hard to crack a weld but it happened. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A good frame shop should be able to repair things, but that depends on the extent of the damage and the skill of the frame shop.

If the damage is just to a bracket that welds onto the frame, then they should be able to fix it up good as new. But if the frame itself is cracked, then some shops may shy away from repairing this kind of damage.