Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Detroit Axle Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member
TyrantBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Detroit Axle Thoughts?

So.. I purchased a blazer that needs some new front end parts.. I don’t have the funds to go super expensive as I have to buy new tires and do some tune up work as well. Detroit Axle has a front end kit, that I would like some feedback on? Does anyone else have any experience with this brand? Here is the link

Detroit Axle - 14 Piece Front Suspension Kit - 2 Upper Control Arms, 2 Lower Ball Joints, 2 Sway Bar End Links, Pitman & Idler Arms, Tie Rod Ends, 2 Adjustment Sleeves - 4x4 Models Only https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H7QFYY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yR9tCb75K9FME

I pretty much want to replace everything on the truck eventually. Right now the front end is bouncing and swaying and I know it needs alignment badly and shocks. Advice appreciated! Direction appreciated as well.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:09 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Don't know about the rest of the parts but I know that the only decent idler arms to use are the ones by Moog or Proforged. The OEM style, which the one in the parts kit looks like, is prone to wear and then allowing excessive wear on other components.

If you know you are going to keep your Blazer for a while, I'd suggest going with only Moog parts and replacing only those you absolutely need to at first and as you budget allows, replace the others. Of course safety is the most important thing. So replace those parts that are needed to be safe.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:09 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Moog......... the only way to go, replace as needed for safety and as budget allows! U get what u pay for, u could use that cheap Chinese garbage but u Will be redoing it before long! Same goes with store brand parts....warranty means nothing, when u are replacing the same parts 1yr down the road! Equals wasted time, and may even cost u more in the long run. I know I tried going a cheaper route once, ended up costing me even more money and time within 18months......I just thank god the wife was just down the street and going under 20mph when the balljoint sheared off.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:58 AM
Beginning Member
TyrantBlazer is on a distinguished road

That seems to be the consensus haha! Moog it is. Right now, I know I need to replace the Idler arm and Pitman arm asap.