Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

differential shaft

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
blazzer99 is on a distinguished road

hi everyone, i have a blazer 99 and i just replaced the caliper no long ago, thanks for all u help, but now i have other issue, big kranck on the bottom of my truck, went 2 the mecanic, and he says the is the motor mount, but the noise is come in from the differential shaft, does any boddy has info about this? i need all the help i can get! the guy how i tooked the truck 2 is a joke! i dont trust him help, need diagrams, or instrucions how to replaced! Does anyboddy knows how can i remove the rear direffential, or the transfer case with the shaft? because i need to know if the gear are bad, and that is causing the noise, so i can replaced? hopefully i can do it my self! i'm broke. Need help! thanks
thanks
blazzer 99

Last edited by rriddle3; 04-09-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: MERGED THREADS
Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have combined your two threads on this subject. Please do not double-post. Keeping everyhting together makes answering questions easier for everybody.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Where exactly is the noise coming from? Test the motor mounts by popping the hood with the engine running. Put the transmission into reverse while holding the brake and apply some pressure to the gas pedal. Not enough to roll the truck, but enough for you to observe how much the engine moves. Repeat in drive. If the engine moves a lot and you hear the noise in either case, the motor mounts are bad.

I would suggest that you buy yourself a good repair manual. While I do not consider the Haynes or Chiltons manuals to be all that great, they are cheap and better than nothing.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:18 AM
blazzer99 is on a distinguished road
Default very noisy

well i did that, but the motor mounts are mmm so so but noise came in from the back, even if i don't press the gas and i let it go the noise is very hard, i think is from the differential, or maybe from the ring wear! i put reverse and still does the noise.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

But only when you are moving? If so, I would pop off the differential cover and inspect the gears inside.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Beginning Member
highrider44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your u joints