Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Fabtech/Superlift/Rough Country Lift Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fabtech/Superlift Lift Kits?

^^^^^^^Where did he get that bumper, thats awesome

Old 07-09-2007, 12:23 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I agree that bumper is kick ***, probably custom built.

I just saw something on the web the other day about lift heights and how in WI you were only allowed to go 6" higher than stock, I don't think they enforce it much but I don't want to have to get steps to get into my truck or ruin gas mileage that bad, plus I want it to fit in my garage yet.

I looked at the rough country lift and all it is an expensive t-bar crank, does nothing to decrease wear on the ball joints and CV shafts. So either I'll just go with a set of shackles, t-bar up front, and body lift and tires. It seems to be the cheapest combination too, which is what I am after. It would be nice to have a 6" lift but I would have to convice the parents to let me do it and I would have to find the money somewhere to do it.

I am still researching, but come this fall I would expect some pics of a modded blazer coming from me.

-Lenny

Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

It would be nice to have a 6" lift but I would have to convice the parents to let me do it and I would have to find the money somewhere to do it.
You and me both, title is still under my Dad's name and im broke as a joke. Heck for tires im looking at 33's that are under half life only cuz i get 4 for $250 (they are nitto terra grappler 33x12.5 r15btw) plus they will just be trail tires so what do i care.

At any rate, do keep your options open though. I dont want to force ya into the t-bar crank option if there is something better out there. And if there is something better let me know too.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Will do. Why do tires have to be so dang expensive, I was shopping online and priced rims that cost $200 less than the 31x10.5 BFG All terrians I wanted new and mounted on those. I don't know what I am going to do, I think I might try to clean up the corrosion on the stock rims and go from there, if nothing else they'll look better for now then.

-Lenny

Old 07-09-2007, 01:15 PM

Nothing wrong with stockers. Heck if ya want it to look mean then get some wheel spacers to set em out, paint the bowtie in the center, and paint the rest of the rim gunmetal grey.

As for me, well im probably going to get some cheap american racing steel rims. Mainly cuz of the width of the new tire is too much for the stock rim (though that would look so cool with the factory rims and those huge tires), they look pretty decent, and i dont have to worry if i rash em up cuz they are just steel and cheap.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: RCars2

^^^^^^^Where did he get that bumper, thats awesome
Yea that's a custom front bumper. I forget where he ordered it from, but he had to weld it together himself.. It's a must see in person, this bumper is all steel and kicks a$$....lol.. He had a full build thread but the site crashed and all the info was lost forever.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

Yea that's a custom front bumper. I forget where he ordered it from, but he had to weld it together himself.. It's a must see in person, this bumper is all steel and kicks a$$....lol.. He had a full build thread but the site crashed and all the info was lost forever.
If ya get a chance get some measurements. I may have to con....er ahem.....pursuade my dad into helping me make something like that. Might have him make it into a full bumper/skid/grille guard.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I'll ask him if he can send me the pics of his step by step install and where he got the bumper from.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 AM

The Superlift one is just a t-bar crank with new a arms, and the fabtech one is only for 2wd. the rough country is pretty much the same as the superlift except with shackles. So looks like for a suspension kit you got to go big or go with a t-bar and body lift. I think I am going to do the latter. I priced out some new BFG Allterrians 31x10.5x15 and new MB Wheels (Predator) and the t-bar crank, shackles, and 2" bodylift and it comes out to about $1367 which isn't bad for 5" of total lift.

-Lenny

Old 07-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Heh, thats funny, my tires came from discount too, LOL. Unfortuanatly the closest discount tire in WI is madison so that might be a strech of a drive if wanted to get em installed there. I swear you cant drive 10 miles without finding one here. Looks like the price went down on em too, i paid $137/tire not includinginstallation and certs. Nice rims too, I actually saw em on display mounted on 33's and they looked really good. Unfortunatly for us arizona people nearly everything MB wheels is out of stock till next month.

Quick Reply: Fabtech/Superlift/Rough Country Lift Kits?