Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front Bilstein Q's for a Z85 4dr

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Beginning Member
S10 TrailBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front Bilstein Q's for a Z85 4dr

Hello folks. I attempted to wade through the sea of shock threads before I posted my questions, but didn't quite find what I was looking for. Instead though, I did find other usefull info!

I believe I'm in need of replacing the front shocks on our 2001 Blazer. It has OEM Bilsteins, and I'm looking to stay with a Bilstein. As I stated, I have a Z85 4-door, no ZM6 in the codes. The Bilsteins have a tag of "T3R" on them I noticed, which all the dealer can tell me is they're "increased capacity". I seem to have the same front anti-roll/sway bar as a ZR2 I found out (just throwing that in there for good measure). I know there's 2 variations of this shock that I'm after, one being "Heavy Duty" (MO) and the other a "Sport" (HO). I understand the 'sport' to be a little stiffer.

My questions are these:
* Which version does my Z85 have do you suppose?
* Which version did the ZR2's have? (guessing the sports?)
* Will either version work on our Blazer?

I'm guessing I should maybe stick with what version Bilstein it came with since it obviously is part of the Z85 suspension and matches the springs.
Just to state it, the 2 shocks I'm talking about carry a PN of B46-1412-MO and B46-1412-HO

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Beginning Member
S10 TrailBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Bueller.... Bueller...

Well at any rate, I believe I found an answer to one of my questions at least, and that being that I don't think either of those shocks were ZR2 shocks, and it looks like I could use either for the Blazer. Which ones I have OEM is still somewhat of a mystery, but if I had to guess, I'd think it was the MO's (Heavy Duty). This is the link that helped me decide some of this - http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/arch...asy25_apps.pdf