Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Shock Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Got some new rear and front Monroe Gas-Matic LT's From advance auto and was wondering if there was any thing i should be concerned about before i start ripping any thing apart, Such as tools needed, ect..

Also What is the Rating compared to the OEM shocks i was told that the LT's are better then the regular ones

hmmm No one knows how to do these shocks?

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-24-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

do you have a macpherson shock/strut in the back? basically do you have big black coils around your shock. if no simply unbolt and rebolt. if it has big black scary coil thing then you're gonna need a macpherson shock compressor. im not familar with these cars so im not even sure if they have the macpherson strut at all. just going from experience from trucks and all the ones i've done only have them in the front

Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Damn... Impatient much? Please wait for an answer and if you need to ask more questions, use the EDIT feature to add them to your original post.

As far as the shocks go, they'll probably be just like the OE shocks. I would have gone with the Reflex shocks since they are more of a firm ride than OE.

And damn spectre, did you not get enough sleep again. This is BLAZERforum. No struts! Did you even look at the picture? Come on, wake up or back away from the keyboard!

Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, yeah i looked up the Monroe reflex there 60 Each maybe these for now and 1 set at a time

Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Damn... Impatient much? Please wait for an answer and if you need to ask more questions, use the EDIT feature to add them to your original post.

As far as the shocks go, they'll probably be just like the OE shocks. I would have gone with the Reflex shocks since they are more of a firm ride than OE.

And damn spectre, did you not get enough sleep again. This is BLAZERforum. No struts! Did you even look at the picture? Come on, wake up or back away from the keyboard!

hey he has a cavalier in his sig. thats what i was thinking
also yeah im only working on about and 1hr and a half of sleep.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
also yeah im only working on about and 1hr and a half of sleep.
Maybe you should get some sleep instead of wasting time...

Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Maybe you should get some sleep instead of wasting time...

im about ready to. thanks for your concern

Old 09-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't tell you how to do the work, but I can tell you that in my experience the Gas-Matics don't last long. I had SensaTracks put on my front and Gas-Matics on the rear (dumb I know) and my rears are shot. Debating KYB this time, all the way around.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Beginning Member
Jimbotopotomous is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BLOND1WD
I can't tell you how to do the work, but I can tell you that in my experience the Gas-Matics don't last long. I had SensaTracks put on my front and Gas-Matics on the rear (dumb I know) and my rears are shot. Debating KYB this time, all the way around.
My gas-matics were shot after less than a year, not too happy with them.