Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front Swaybar replacement/removal???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 12:50 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road
Default Front Swaybar replacement/removal???

I've read through a few threads about front Swaybars and I can account for it being a different ride due to the huge oversteer without one in the front(not on the Blazer though).

I'm working on a '95 Blazer that didn't have one when I recently purchased it. I have yet to make it out of the driveway since it's needed a transmission, bodywork, tune-up, and just about every moving part checked(previous owner didn't seem to know much and I'm a bit **** about how I expect my vehicle(s) to operate).

Long story short, I have a swaybar off an '88 Firebird that roughly meets the dimensions required. Otherwise there is a '95 4cyl. S10 being parted out locally. Should I bother modifying some brackets to get the freebie swaybar to work, or would a bar off a 4cyl. S10 work?

I know enough that the operation of the swaybar is dependant upon many factors such as vehicle weight, control arm length, bar material, bar construction(solid vs. hollow), mounting points, etc.

Doubt I'm going to get much of a response on this, but my main concern is that the S10 bar will be to weak, however better than nothing at all.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I still have the swaybar from my truck, Ill need to double check. Im pretty sure the 2wd bars are different. I have both and can check later.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:25 PM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

Any word on the swaybar differences? I took it for a drive and it has way more oversteer than I would imagine it should. Filling tires that were under 20 pounds helped, but it's still pretty sluggish. I can deal with it, but I'm comparing it to cars with upgraded suspension. That may be my main problem.