Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Help with 1988 4x4 s10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
K.N.I.G.H.T is on a distinguished road
Smile Help with 1988 4x4 s10 blazer

i have a problem...

my dad game my hes s10 blazer its a 88 and i love the truck but what i don't like is that the height on the rear seems lowered like it has shocks blown or what so ever..

i want to know how can i have an good exact height something similar to a hot rod or something...

the front looks fine to me but i want to make an exact size...

but in the way it looks seems more lowered in the rear and hi on the front it looks funny lol

if there is a way let me know to fix this issue cuz they told me is not a Shock problem... there most be an easy way to fix this

thanks!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It likely is caused by sagging rear springs. You can either replace the springs, or boost the rear up with a set of lift shackles.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 AM

i was on Belltech website they have this Bar keys for the Front they can Lower to 1.0 to 3.0 u think i should get that to lower the front a bit then and see if looks better? cuz the height on the rear looks find but in the front looks way up lol looks funny since its an 4x4 will they be a problem ?

Old 03-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Starting Member
89 Blazer Lebanon is on a distinguished road

You can just reduce tension on your torsion bar for a lower front.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

My blazer does the same thing. I'm contemplating getting my springs re-bent or replaced soon. Why would you want to lower a 4x4? I plan on raising my rear end about 4 inches to make up for 2 inches of sag plus get a little lift out of it. Personally I like the look of a truck with a rake to it

Old 03-28-2010, 06:35 PM

well i jsut wanted to lower it just a lil bit so it can look perfect i want the hot rod look but i dont want something lower like rapers lower no lol

i want something that looks kool so i can be satisfy with even thou im gonna put some lights to make it look mean 4x4 things u know : )

Old 03-28-2010, 06:42 PM

but yeah i would love to raise it a bit on the rear to make it look perfect cuz that truck is a beauty il have to post some pics hehe im working on it i love that truck and dad gave it to me from gram pa lol

and its very good the truck has 175012 miles ans it runs like a beast still no smoke nothing its like brand new and im glad to have one of those

but again im 20 i dont know anything about it and i wonder if i can fix that my self or do i need professional help or tools cuz i have tools here but i would love to to id my self to leanr by time : )

so u recommend me a leaf spring u said right?

i wonder what number do i need il have to check the front and see : ) to see what nummer it is on the tallness thing

even thou the truck has few rust but im fixing it time by time im gonna paint it my self : )
peace man! thanks