Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Idk what this is... but im trying to correct it... any advice is good advice at thus

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Beginning Member
Bigwheelblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Idk what this is... but im trying to correct it... any advice is good advice at thus

So i bought this beast *** blazer, off cl for 1500 and i had to put a little work into it, but its coming along... its got 211k on it.. still runs good but like i said im in the process... so anyway... im about to do my cv axles, service my front diff, replace my wheel bearings and redo my ball joints with moog parts... i have questions about the cv axles, also about shocks... this is my first "lifted" truck, and its origins are sketchy at best... it has either rough country or tuff country upper control arms, which i had to literally hand pick ball joints for... and regular stock lowers... the rear is either a stock ride with rims or the zr2... from what i can tell, unless the lift is all leaf spring, there isnt any in the rear... the front is visibly higher, but the current shocks are blown and old and ****ty... thats the background... so u have an idea of what kind of **** im into here lol... my questions are this... can i or cant i buy the cv axles for the zr2, even if mine really is an ls with a lift? Cuz i honestly dont know if its a zr2 or not... ive parked next to zr2s and im higher by atleast an inch if not more... im running 275/55/20s... which is a ****ing joke in its own right, when u see the picture youll understand... my cv axles now are probably stock honestly, judging by who i bought the car from and the condition it was in when i got it... so if it is an ls, i was thinking longer cv axles would be better... but if the splines are different it wont work and ill have wasted 200$.... i know this was long and probably ****in ridiculous to some of you, but i just got in the game with this and i wanna make it respectable... i hope someone is as bored as i am rn and wants to give me a few pointers... also, i have no clue about lifted shocks.. i wanna know whats the best ride on the road and i live in chicago, so it might as well be ****in offroad with all these potholes and city streets... im looking at pro comps es9000... the rancho9000... idk whats good? So if anyone got some insight it would be much appreciated

Obviously im gonna fix the body and paint but i need to get it riding right first.... 🤷‍♂️