Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Left front wheel making metal on metal scrape during right turns

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Let's try to maintain a little credibility here.. AC Delco doesnt have 'ownership' of every part they might sell. They ARE an aftermarketer like many others.
For example after reading some reviews here and elsewhere they arent on the top of my list for oil filters.

I dont especially believe they are going to sell superior parts to Moog/National, Timken or SKF.
BTW, CNBD.. if I have a part that only lasts me 8 mos and a year in succession, I'm gonna find a way of letting you guys know the brand.
AC Delco in my opinion used to be the best, but not anymore. I have had better luck with other brands.

These bearings are Carquest and they have different suppliers with the same warranty (1 year). In December when I brought a warranted bearing back they blamed it on the installer who might have overtightened the axle nut, but they replaced the bearing anyway. That I can believe since that is what happened with the last set of bearings before that when another mechanic said that the axle nut was near impossible to remove when he went to replace an axle seal. Next bearing failure will be out of warranty, so at that time I will order them online and cease buying parts from Carquest completely. Especially since their parts are so cheaply made that I can find cheaper parts online or even just down the road at NAPA or Advance Auto that work better and are cheaper.

Last edited by ComputerNerdBD; 02-28-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Starting Member
89 Blazer Lebanon is on a distinguished road
Default Bad alignment

I say it's a bad alignment that's causing the inside of your rim to rub against something. My guess is the rim's inside is rubbing against the stabilizer bar (specially if it's an R series not a C)

Old 02-29-2012, 08:09 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

the first time i was working on my ball joints I managed to use the wrong bolt on my abs sensor wire hanger and when I turned sharp left it rubbed the inside of my passenger side wheel... shorter bolt went in and all was well