Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Lockers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Beginning Member
Druubin is on a distinguished road
Default Lockers

I was looking at some lockers, Powertrax No-slip to be specific.

http://www.rocky-road.com/noslip.html

Whats the Diff type for blazers, Is it different for different for the variations of the S-Blazer models?

Any better lockers? (maybe less expensive?)

Old 03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I have a lock rite and i love it. The year of your blazer will determine what diff you have.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

yea I was about to say lock rights are cheaper than these, I'm probably going to getting one. I've heard mixed reviews about them thou. but pj yours works good?

Old 03-26-2010, 02:46 PM

Well first off yes i love my lock rite. Second it dose take some getting used to, what i mean by this is if you go more that about 1/4 throttle around a corner the inside tire will start squeeling/hopping. Also in tight parking lots making sharp turns it will pop and jerk but for me its worth the pay off. The last big off roading trip i went on open diffs were the major limiting factor so i Knew i needed one. Took me 3hrs from the time i closed the grage door to the time i drove it out. Super easy to install. Never had experience with a no slip i guess that it like mine but is supposed to have better road manners. But a no slip is usualy $50 more so its your decision.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

As mentioned above, the Lock Right has no on-road manners, and I would quote the install at much less time. I have changed my Richmond Gear Powertrax out in less than 1/2 hour from start to finish. There is another recent thread discussing the two lockers mentioned here. I would NOT recommend the Lock Right, do yourself a favor & get the Powertrax... you will be much happier. I don't want to repeat all the same stuff so go see the thread.
Here is the link, it will tell you all you want to know about these two. Read my post for details on them. https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/did-lil-muddin-42257/

Last edited by LuvMyTJ; 03-26-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran

lol sounds like when everyone didn't recommend getting the advance auto shackles but they work good for me. It all depends how much money I have and how many times I get stuck the next couple months...

Old 03-26-2010, 04:01 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Bro, shackles are pretty much shackles. They are designed pretty much the same unless your talkin bout Revolver style shackels. These two lockers are designed differently, the thread I linked to has photo's you can see. Read PJ's post... he mentions some of the cons I mentioned in the other thread... I do not have those issues with the PowerTrax. In this case, you do get what you pay for.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:13 PM
BF Veteran

yea your right I was looking at the powertrax they do seem a lot nicer and they aren't THAT much more

Old 03-26-2010, 04:22 PM

Woh woh powertrax is the manufacturer of both the lock rite and the no slip. This means that i have a Powertrax Lock rite, and you have the Powertrax No slip

Old 03-26-2010, 04:32 PM
cyberdog is on a distinguished road

Isnt Powertrax No-Slip and Powertrax Lockright made by the same company ? I atleast thought so

I am getting a No-Slip for mine in a month or so since it seems like the best option. Sure Detroit Locker is maybe better but for onroad/offroad i guess No-Slip is the best.

Sure if i had the money i´d get Eaton E-Locker over the No-SLip... But its alot more expensive.

Quick Reply: Lockers