Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Looking into a 6'' lift and have some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:04 PM
96BlazerGrrrl96 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Looking into a 6'' lift and have some questions...

I am looking into putting a 6in lift on my 1996 s-10 blazer and a couple questions have arisen. First off every where we go they are hard to find and expensive to install any tips where to find a good deal?

Second all we are hearing is that such a big lift can weaken the axles. Now I am not looking into doing any really hardcore offroading just a few weekends a month trailing and the ORV park here. Is it a good idea to swap out the stock axles and go with others (if so recommendations). Has anyone had an axle snap after lifting it. I just want to make sure we do this right the first time.

Thanks so much!!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Never heard of the axles getting weakened because of a 6" lift. That's just people commenting on something they know nothing about. I have a 6" Superlift on my truck and so does a few others on this site and we have no issues with axles. The lift kit moves everything down to stock levels so you wont have issues with your axles. As for where to purchase your kit, I purchased mine from Summit Racing and got a great deal since they don't offer the Kit with the upgraded shocks on their site the customer service rep wasn't sure what to price the kit so I got it for $400.00 less than other sites sell it for.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't the lift that stresses the axle. Larger tires do stress the axle more though. What commonly comes with a lift? Larger Tires.

With that said... As Dave stated, these trucks do not tend to have too many axle issues even with lift and bigger tires. There just isn't as much power and weight (two things that impact axle stress) to break things.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM

Thank you guys so much we have only been hearing horror stories and it has made me think i shouldnt even put so much money into it just get something else but I love my Blazer too much! I am def gonna go with the lift!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM

I am def going with the kit on Summit by the way thanks again!