Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

loud pop while turning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:40 AM
rocketman14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default loud pop while turning?

I recently bought a 2004 chevy blazer 4 door, 2wd 4.3l v6 all stock no after market equitment and shortly there after i noticed a slight pop coming from the front suspension (I assume)
So i take it to a couple mechanics. They checks the suspension, ball joints, linkages and bushing ect... An tells me they dont know.
I was still driving it and it got worse and worse so now im not driving it till i find out whats wrong with it.

Here is what i know. It only pops when the wheel is turned all the way to either direction. For instance if i turned the wheel all the way to the right or left (at a stand still only) and hit the gas it will pop. If you leave it in either the right or left posion an hit the gas again it wont pop until you turn the wheel completely the other way. The aliengment seems fine straight wheel, no swaying, no rough ride. it wont even do it if i drive off a curb (if the wheels are straight)
Im no expert on suspension so i cant figure it out. Any insight on what i might be, could be, or anything i can check will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

Old 07-04-2008, 09:13 AM
pbishop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: loud pop while turning?

I would take a look at the control arm bushings.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hood hinge! Take a rag and ball it up (not too much), then place it at the corner of the hood. You just need enough padding there to put some tension on the hood hinge when you close the hood down. Drive it like that and see if the noise is still there.

If it is, then you need the spring washers available from GM. There is a technical service bulletin about this.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:48 PM

Well ill be damned..............that makes perfect sense. Thanks alot!
Also where can i read about these spring washer and the notice.

Regards,
Mike

Old 07-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

CLICK HERE

Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 AM

I put rags next to the hinges and shut the hood on top of them and drove it around the block. It still pops but no where near as bad. So all i need to do is buy the spring washers right? And unless another problem still exists that should fix it? I just cant beleive its that simple.

Regards,
Mike

Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: swartlkk
CLICK HERE
Hahahha, you enjoy saving the day don`t you?