Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Lower ball joint stuck good...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2020 | 12:56 AM
|
Juggalonmd is on a distinguished road
Default Lower ball joint stuck good...

Replacing ball joints on my 89 s10 blazer. It's 2wd 4.3. I tried looking thru all the different posts but couldn't find one that helps with my situation. Today I went and got a loaner tool from orielys just to get back and it not work. The clamp isn't big enough to fit over both ends with all the spacers. Could only get it to fit with the biggest spacer and removal piece to fit on bottom of control arm. And when I finally get clamp on the stud up top wants to spin out from under the pressure. Bang or pry it back into place a couple times just for the stud to spin out anyway with each churn of the press bar. So I also borrowed a BFH a 5lb mini sledge and beat on it for awhile. And still no budging on bj. I tried soaking with pb blaster, heating with propane and map gas torches... Was thinking maybe cutting off part of stud and trying to get press to fit right. But don't wanna waist anymore time if it wont work. That and it looks like I'm supposed to press bj down to remove but starting to question that also... Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope all is going good in ur neck of the woods and hippy holidaze!!!