Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

MOOG 5664 Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Starting Member
Frog is on a distinguished road
Default MOOG 5664 Pic's

OK, so I ordered some MOOG 5664's and when I got them in I was looking at them and noticed that the ends are different from the old springs.

I have included a couple of pictures....if you look at the 5664 spring you will see that one end is open and the other is closed, with a tighter wind on the spring.

Stock spring on the left, New MOOG 5664's center and right.

See how the spring has a tighter radius than the other end...is this right??

Height Difference

Is this normal? I can clearly see a difference in the coil diameter.....but, all the pictures I see are of a spring that is open on both ends and not like what I have.

They came in a box that has a MOOG 5664 sticker on it and I cannot see any thing on the springs themselves that would indicate anything different or verify that they are what they are supposed to be.

Does anyone have a picture of a MOOG 5664...does it look like mine?? Do I have the correct springs or do I need to send them back?

Thanks

Last edited by Frog; 06-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be so concerned about the overall height difference or the wire diameter, but those springs look smaller in overall diameter and have a tapered end to them that I don't think is present on the stock s-series springs...

Old 06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Starting Member

Well, I bought them to help lift the Blazer.....most are saying about 1.5"-1.75" of lift can be achieved with these springs.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's what I figured you were doing which is why I wouldn't worry about the overall height and the wire diameter.

Those springs don't look like the stock photos found on many different parts websites...

Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Yeah, that's what I figured you were doing which is why I wouldn't worry about the overall height and the wire diameter.

Those springs don't look like the stock photos found on many different parts websites...
I know and that is why I am confused. If everyone elses MOOG 5664's look like mine in the pic's then I will be fine. I am just worried about the spring not seating fully with the smaller radius at the one end....top or bottom I am not sure.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Gotcha. Hopefully someone else here has used them and can help. I tried to find some other actual pictures, but was unsuccessful in the short period of time I gave it. LOL

Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Starting Member

LOL!! Thanks...I appreciate the help...I looked everywhere too and was not successful in finding anything other than generic photos of them.