Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

my dad talks smack

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigmatt1
There is no need for sounding like a smartass.......blah,blah,blah.
seems like we've had a run on noobs here lately, thinking they're running the forum or know (almost) everything.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
We have had plenty of "excentric" characters show up. Most go from young and dumb, to young and grasping a bit of blazer knowledge. Others just dissapear (remember this douche nozzle?)
Either way, maybe a touch less direct
wow Curtis, that guy was a tool! can't believe he actually came out & called Mike a jackass. boy, has that kid got *****. no brains, but *****.

and since the subject has been put up, driving @ 75 to 80 mph in 4HI can seem amazing (i've done it-when i was younger & stupid) on snow or rain covered roads, these trucks were never designed for it (especially these 2nd gens).

remember a couple of things bub, your age, and the fact that you're the new guy around here. now that last one can change with time, but if you continue to be a tool, you won't last long (in being accepted) around here.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

yeah i agree Chris, he did come off as a tool, BUT he also had no damn idea that speeding his *** off in 4WD was bad. He also didn't seem to grasp the concept of 4WD. But he's 16.

It seems he understood a little more after coming back and seeing what was said.

All of that aside, i agree that he really had no business calling Mike a smartass. If anything he should have been all, " man i must sound like a tool but thanks for taking the time to break it down for me."

Either way, Alex jumped on him for being young and dumb, but not in a constructive way. That is all I was saying

Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

I joined a forum when I was 16 for my first car ('92 Ford Tempo 2door 5-speed. Thought I was Paul Walker in it) I was so stupid in that car, knew nothing about it, drove like a fool, and stupider across that forum for a long time. By the time I was out of highschool I was a moderator there, now Im 24 and still most of what I know about cars I know from those guys being patient and willing to educate me. I dont condone foolish activity, but IMO that's what places like this are good for. Let's just try and remember we've all been there once.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 AM
BF Veteran

in your defence that was one bad *** modded tempo....

Old 01-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

That it was......Good times
lol

Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Either way, Alex jumped on him for being young and dumb, but not in a constructive way. That is all I was saying
First off, I do remember Crestwood. I actually forgot about him until looking back at that thread lol. We had a good time with that kid. What an idiot he was.
Anyway, I don't take back anything in my post . I was harsh, yes. I wasn't as constructive as I could have been, yes. But I still feel the same. . We all know about being young and stupid. Hell I used to tear around in my civic when I was 16 lol. It's not the first time we've disareed on something Curtis...lol . I'm just the type of person who isn't going to beat around the bush. I'm very honest and open. But being that our Blazers are "brothers"...we can't really argue because you will always lose. You're Blazer is fatter so you tire out easier
And Kyle - I get the feeling the OP was just interested in power and probably won't factor in getting proper tires for off roading if he did install a turbo. That's where my comment came from. I would still find it hard to believe a turbo setup on a 4x4 offroad setup would be any good. If you were in 4Lo and you were trying to get out of a sticky situation and somehow you managed to hit boost, you'd be in trouble wouldn't you? I dunno, maybe I'm just seeing it as too much power = broken 4x4 or just a whole lot of spinning. I can't see hitting boost while in the mud would turn out good.

Last edited by Sisk; 01-15-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran

We have disagreed before, yes, and my Blazer is older, fatter, and more tired than your.... so ....

damn it. i have nothing in what you said to disagree with.
WTF?!

Old 01-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at this:
Turbo small block mud truck

Its all about how you use it. When you are doing mud bogs, you need big tires and with big tires comes the requirement for big power.

*EDIT* - Here's the one I was really looking for:
Twin Turbo Mud Truck # 8
That truck is crazy!

And this is just nuts:
1210Whp E85 Twin Turbo Sand Truck

Old 01-16-2010, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

WOW Kyle...those are crazzy!! I never thought of it like that.
Leave it to youtube to teach me something new lol. That 1000+whp one is crazy. They only have a video of it going in the sand with 11lbs of boost though, not the full 22. I was hoping for a crazy sand shot.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran

Kyle that last truck makes me feel like less of a man....
OMG awesome!