Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Passenger side cv boot rubbing on shock

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 01:44 PM
reway is on a distinguished road
Default Passenger side cv boot rubbing on shock

Hey guys, I've done some looking on this and it seems a few other people have had this problem too and saw some people mentioning moving the lower shock mounts but I am looking for an easier way to fix this. I have a 05 2dr with a 2" body lift and 2.5" rc lift, I recently put a new passenger side inner cv boot on and now I am noticing it's rubbing on my shock quite hard!! I look at the driver side and it looks like there's more room and it's not rubbing at all. I'll attach some pictures of both the passenger and driver sides for reference, if anyone has any better ideas than moving the lower shock mount I would love to hear em! I am thinking first since the rc shocks didn't quite fit snug in the mount I'm going to bend the mount back out and put some washers in so it sits as far out as I can make it. However I am also questioning why there is more room on the driver's side unless it has always been this way and I just have not noticed until now?

P.S yes I know my ds cv boot is slinging grease all over that side will be getting a new boot very soon too.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:25 PM
reway is on a distinguished road

Got around to bending the mount out again and putting some washers in and it seems I now have clearance while the truck is on the ground and it barely touches at full articulation. Should be good to go! Still curious why the passenger side shock sits closer to the cv than the driver side.. hmm.