Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Please need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Beginning Member
Hate this blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Please need help!!

I have a 98 blazer lt, I started having a womp womp womp sound coming from the left front noticeably. I thought it was probably a belt in tire or tie rod end or wheel bearing at worst. But I just discovered what I think is a major problem, on both sides. Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about since I don't know the proper name for it. If anyone could advise me on what to do it would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Looks as if bushing is missing, not enough threads to make tight as is. Advice please and thank you

Old 11-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Those are your sway bar end links and generally don't make much noise unless you are turning. They are cheap to replace but have a saw or grinder ready to cut the old ones off cause they never come off without a fight lol.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Beginning Member
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Those are your sway bar end links and generally don't make much noise unless you are turning. They are cheap to replace but have a saw or grinder ready to cut the old ones off cause they never come off without a fight lol.
thanks for the quick reply Rex, also my oldest son's name, it seems I have another problem then, if you wouldn't mind hearing it. As stated it makes a womp womp womp sound and increases as you speed up. It does have a slight pull to the left but not like you would expect if it were the caliper not releasing. I replaced the rotor thinking it was warped but made no difference. The caliper bracket does have play in it but I thought it was supposed to seeing as all 4 do, correct me if I'm wrong please cause that could be a disaster at all 4 wheels. I also thought the pads might be causing this but talked myself out of seeing how. Also ball joints, tie rod ends seem to be ok but I'm also not an expert in this area. Any suggestions and advice you have are appreciated. Thanks again.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Sounds to me like you have a bad tire honestly. Try moving your front tires to the back and back to the front and see if the sound moves.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Sounds to me like you have a bad tire honestly. Try moving your front tires to the back and back to the front and see if the sound moves.
thanks for the info, I learned a little something about front ends today. It actually ended up being a wheel bearing and the thumping sound caused by a flat spot in the bearing with explains the increase/decrease with speed. Still don't know how the bearing developed a flat spot, let alone as quickly as it did. Thanks again everyone for helping.