Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Quick disconnect sway bar end links?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 08:35 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Question Quick disconnect sway bar end links?

Anyone ever seen some for the factory IFS on the S series? To buy or DIY make?

Old 12-23-2017, 08:59 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

They don't sell them, I've made a set before though. I made them for the front links with some channeling welded to one side of the links(so it slipped over the sway bar and didn't spin as I tightened it) and used wingnuts instead of the regular nut on the other side, with a cotterpin thru a hole i drilled so they couldnt back off when they were in.

I also welded the center spaced to the 2 bushing washers, and glued the other 2 bushing washers to the bushings. This made it less parts to keep track of, and much quicker/easier to connect/disconnect on the trail.

Then I had a little u bolt that was originally used for the rear sway bar(I removed that one completely) that i used to attach the swaybar to a hole in the bottom of my bumper(no balance, direct to the chrome bumper) to keep the sway bar from flapping around under the front end while disconnected.

Between removal of the rear bar, and front one discoed , the added flex honestly amazed me.

Here's a couple pics for reference

Don't have a great pic of the rear, but it would tuck 90% of the rubber in the wheelwell fully flexed

Old 12-23-2017, 09:25 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Very cool! Any pics of the aforementioned fabbed up links?

I need to replace both the frame mount bushings and end link bushings on the front of 04 4x4 Blazer, seems like it would be a good time to do something like this I'd remove the rear completely, but for a daily driver I feel like that would make an SUV feel VERY tipsy...

Old 12-23-2017, 10:06 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately not, they were on an old phone which broke a while back, and I wasn't able to recover the photos.

Sounds like as good of a time as ever!

Surprisingly, I didn't notice a difference from the rear sway bar removal(on the road). s10 pickups dont even have them from the factory....but on the other hand, forgot to hook back up the fronts a couple times and hit the highway- deathwobble would be an understatement lol.