Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

round and round a squeek

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
deadbuzzard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default round and round a squeek

So recently I have noticed a squeek. Im guessing it has something to do with the revolutions of a wheel. I can hear it when im only moving and its like eeeh eeeeeehh like you would hear with an old small windmill when it spins.

What is it? Something I need to fix pretty soon?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

does it sound like you have huge mud tires on? if so i would think it could be the wheel bearings, but thats more of a whine sound than a squeek.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Boyer2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

does it make this sound when you turn bcuz when i turn sometimes ill hear a whine and i believe its a wheel bearing in my front

Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it is a squeaking sound, it is likely one of your brake pads. I would inspect the brakes first and foremost. See if you can repeat the noise with the front end off the ground.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:44 PM

i think swartikk is right although i havent had time to check them
it has been really rainy if that helps

Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 PM

ok... i have checked the brakes and had les schwab check. They are good... Although i kinda hear a noise while driving ... kinda a whir or something but only when the revolution reaches a certain point. but no more squeek while driving forward.... now it switched to when i go to revearse it is a really loud squeek.. like metal on metal. (no the brakes arnt pressed either.) what is it?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I had a similar problem... My parking brake was seizing up on me. When I got the brake jobs done I just told them to replace anything that needed it. Squeek gone... It sounded like a metal on metal screech just like you're describing. I don't think it's the cable as much as maybe your adjuster?

Kyle, can you confirm? I'd feel a little more confident in giving him this info.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I have had u-joints make metallic squeaking noises before.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM

when going forward it the noise happens once per rev so like something is catching it.