Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Trying to buy springs, but which ones?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Beginning Member
rxm6 is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to buy springs, but which ones?

Hey all,

Trying to purchase a set of stock height springs. So far I found Husky Springs and it looks like I'll be going with them unless someone tells me different. What I'm confused about is that they have two sets of springs that the only difference is in the arch measurement. The front springs have a 2" arch option and 5/8" arch option and the rear springs have a 4" arch option and a 6.75" arch option. There is also a $50 difference in price between the two. Also, my truck has the 2 leaf springs in the front and the 6 leaf springs in the rear. Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:53 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

"What is stock ride height?"

this is all a matter of personal opinion, since you can "make" it to what ever you wish. if you know where you'd like the truck to sit (height wise) then any spring shop can arch the leaf packs to where you want the truck to sit.

you can also add/reove springs from the front/rear packs, to get the ride/height that you want. a friends 84 3/4 ton HD actually has 5 leafs in the front-from the factory.

i'm adding an extra leaf to the new rear leaf packs in my '98 Blazer-and putting more arch in them-when i do my t-bar crank, just so i don't have those stupid shackles showing in the rear.