Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Two questions 2000 blazer suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Beginning Member
dbleobarbie is on a distinguished road
Default Two questions 2000 blazer suspension

Hello, Im new to this forum, but I need some answers. I have a 2000 blazer, and yes, I have had a lot of problems so far, but my current problems I cannot seem to find an answer for (no thanks to google). So here I am.

First of all, my 4 wheel drive is acting up. Whenever I turn on my 4WD its kinda like only my drivers side engages, and it also has kind of a grinding noise, like the way it grinds when your breaks are ridiculously bad (which I know my breaks are brand new, so thats not the problem) I have no clue what this could be. I know for a fact that both my front wheel bearings are really bad, so I was wondering if whats going on with my 4WD could be from my bearings, and if so, would it go away when my bearings are replaced (which will be in the next couple of weeks)

Secondly, my truck is VERY bouncy. Not only are you flung around the truck whenever you hit a bump, but you can sit in my truck and rock back and forth and from the outside, it looks like youve got something really dirty going on in my truck. So my other question was, could my bearings make that happen? Or are my shocks bad? I know no one can actually tell me that for sure without looking at my truck, but I was just wondering if it were possible for my bearings to have the same effect that shocks would.

The reason I am asking this is because I am getting my truck completely problem free within the next couple of weeks, so I would really like to know what kind of problems Im dealing with so I can get on the ball and start looking for prices and what not. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

#2 you need shocks

Old 10-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Starting Member
Jakeduece is on a distinguished road

I definitely agree that you need shocks. Mine was like that when I bought it. Replaced all 4 shocks and now rides a lot better, no bouncing.

I'd guess that the front axle isn't completely engaging, resulting in that grinding noise. Again, just a guess. Lots of threads on this forum about that particular issue.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:31 PM
BF Veteran

could be your actuator or you may have fluid in the vacuum lines

Old 10-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys. Yea, I figured I needed new shocks, Im just a little impatient and need to know now lol. And Ive had problems with my 4WD before, none like this. We did have to rebuild my transmission last winter, and thats when the 4WD problem started.. I think checking the hose might be a pretty good idea. Im just hoping its a price worthy fix.. cant afford to keep putting money into this thing.. Oh blazers.. I love my truck, but I hate all the problems it comes with.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
BF Veteran

Check the three vacuum hose connection on top of the rad. goes in only 1 way

Old 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough
Old 10-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

Also check to see if both of your bump stops are there or not. Min was missing one and the other was half rotted, causing a weird *** bounce to the pass side.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Beginning Member

Well see, the weird thing is, with the 4WD, when I start my truck everythings fine. After about 5 mins of driving, the 4WD light will come on, and the minute it comes on, I cant switch the drives at all. If I click the button (after the 4WD light has come on) the light blinks on 2WD and then.. nothing. Just stays in 2. But if the light isnt on, itll engage and then the previous problem stated happens.