Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Uneven Torsion adjustment bolts

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
nhvff57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uneven Torsion adjustment bolts

OK, so i threw my truck on the lift for quick inspection of the undercarraige, and almost immediately noticed that the pass side torsion adjustment bolt was cranked in about 2 full turns more (Maybe even more) times than the driver side bolt. It seems like the front is sitting level. I dont beleive anyone has messed with the torsion bars that i know of, but im not sure if they are supposed to be even or not. I guess if one side was sagging, it would be an easy fix to crank that side's bar, but should i even them up and see what it looks like? By looking at the cv joints, the truck looks to be pretty close to even. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Uneven Torsion adjustment bolts

I had to adjust mine because the passenger's side was lower. From where they were (looked pretty even to start) I raised my passenger's side 5 turns and lowered driver's side 5 turns. Measurements from top of tire to bottom of wheelwell are exactly the same now.

If I were to just lift the passenger's side, it would've been about 10 turns or so and I didn't want to put that much stress on only one side. When I got an alignment done they tech showed me the printout, he didn't have to touch the driver's side at all and the passenger's side had just a wee bit of negative camber.

If the measurement I mentioned is the same on yours and your CV's look to be about the same, I would leave them alone.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Mostlikely is just a sagging torsion bar. If you were going to replace it, do them both.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 PM
nhvff57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks. Yeah im just not going to mess with it then. Apparently there was a reason someone cranked the one side. Maybe ill measure it all out tommorrow and see how close everything is and then go from there. If its reasonably close im not even going to bother. I might be doin shocks soon, so ill figure it out when the time comes. Thanks again.