Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Blazer Khana

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Aha ya, ontarios just right next to manitoba how far could it be? LOL

Well, i was able to do some filming by myself today..........................This is what happens when you try to take a picture of the blazer in deep snow for the blazerforum.com photo game...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTjyz...&feature=feedu

Fricken graders are out everywhere!!!!, they were doing the grid road behind my place today, hopefully can get out soon and get some filming in.....and fun ......get some shots of the 360 down the straight road from outside of the blazer......hmm i gotta idea, need to see if i can mount the camera on my bush gaurd facing backwards and not kill the camera!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by streblo
......hmm i gotta idea, need to see if i can mount the camera on my bush gaurd facing backwards and not kill the camera!
no problem!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:24 PM

Duct tape can solve anything!................well anything that a hammer cant fix!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 PM

OK well still havnt figured out how to get the camera to work properly on the bush gaurd with the right view, think i need to go buy one of those tripods that have flexible legs.
ANYWAYS, heres another installment, i hope to get out some more, found a few places to hit up just need to find the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLz0HAgmklw

Notice how i stop just infront of the girlfriend to pick her up

Old 01-24-2011, 12:58 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

OK well still havnt figured out how to get the camera to work properly on the bush gaurd with the right view, think i need to go buy one of those tripods that have flexible legs.
i don't know. Brad has one, he's not to impressed with it on his HSB (Holy S**t Bar) but who knows how it'll work on a grill bar?

Old 01-24-2011, 01:16 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yea. It makes the camera top heavy so it bounces around. You can try the larger one if your willing to spend the $40 for it.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 PM

ya ill have to try a few things out to see if i can get it to work properly

Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

There's a way you can do it... but it's not cheap but it'd be much stronger than a plastic flexible tripod.

Manfrotto Superclamp ~70bucks
Manfrotto Ball Head ~??? bucks lol

But that camera will NEVER come off your bull bar.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM

Im thinking about just finding a long bolt that has the same thread as the camera tripod mount, sticking it up on the bar and threading it onto that?.....when i manage to find some spare time i think ill mess around with it

Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
BF Guru

Im thinking about just finding a long bolt that has the same thread as the camera tripod mount, sticking it up on the bar and threading it onto that?.....when i manage to find some spare time i think ill mess around with it

that would work just fine.

couple of nuts on either side of the bar, with some decent sized washers to spread out the clamping force...................it'll hold nicely.

just don't have the camera sitting to far above the clamped surface.

might wanna put some larg rubber washes under the other washers, help cushion any vibrations. thy looking in the plumbing isle, you'd be amazed @ what works to surpress vibrations (works wonders for stopping your licence plate from vibrating against your car).