Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Eating Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Eating Mustangs

Does anyone have any annoying friends with Mustangs that think they can take you on? I hav a friend who thought his was BADA55 until my Blazer took him. Weraced on this track that is a bit curvy, so he had a slight advatage with a low car. We took off from and I let him have a decent run into the first curve but when we got to a short strait he was all ***** to the wall and I walked on past him and he never caught me.

After we raced, he came up to me and asked me what the hell I had under the hood and I filled him up with some BS about direct injection N2O Twin turbos, and some other things and he wanted to see it so when I raised the hood his face went brick red. "THAT |D| THING ONLY HAS A CAI AND A FLOWMASTER!!!"

I rubbed it in his face for days that his 'cool' little Mustang couldn't beat a nearly stock Blazer.

anyone have any stories about weak little mustangs?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Eating Mustangs

i dont know about mustangs but a friend of mine has a jeep that will take care of corvettes
he has a 1972 cj5 with a 454
it hasnt been dropped either, it is a roll over waiting to happen

Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 AM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this story isnt bout a Stang but a Maverick my friend thought her Lil 302 Maverick was the .... And my lil Slant 6 was just tooo Slow! Well i raced her 3 different times and beat the 302 This was yrs ago when only cool bolt on was Cherrybomb n flippin the air filter lid over...2 times was from dead stop. both times at least a car ahead.3rd time we was travelin at 55mph on Freeway she went by me thinkin yeah i got Linda this time..HeeHee...I dropped the peddle n my lil 6 came alive and i flew past her lol Ford Mav over 120k miles Plymouth Duster 66k orig. Miles...Sooooooo moral of that story dont talk ..... lol

Old 04-16-2007, 01:10 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to burst your bubble or anything man but that must have been one slow stang, because a 3.8 V6 stang would walk a blazer, and those are really slow. May I ask what year the mustang was?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

She's not talking about a mustang, but a maverick vs. a duster.[sm=gears.gif]
*edit* Nevermind. Didn't realize you were talking about the first post. My bad.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: DankBlazer

Not to burst your bubble or anything man but that must have been one slow stang, because a 3.8 V6 stang would walk a blazer, and those are really slow. May I ask what year the mustang was?
[align=left][/align]
The stang was an '01 or '02 I dont remember which.

I think he wasn't too talented at driving though... I took the corners at speeds that made my tires bark (Very dangerous, I would not advise doing it).
He had me off the line, butBlazers have a better 40-80 accel time than Mustangs. I forgot that I was running 93 octane andLiquid Nitrous octaneboostertoo. My local station sold out of 87 before the 93 and the price of the 87raised towithin about 3 cent of the93 so I got the 93instead. I also have bigger tires than stock, so accelerating is a little faster.

Mind you, I don't usually race but I just wanted to see whether he could back up his trash talk.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

NO WAY! I'm not buying this story![sm=alcoholic.gif]Whathave you been drinking?!LMFAO! Yo lastcoupe can I get a second on the BS call here?! Bad drvier or not you woulda got smoked!

Old 04-20-2007, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran

Not BS! Im not gonna argue with you but he did smoke me off the line. I caught up to him and passed him.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but I just don't believe that at all!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:00 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I can honestly say that I do not like mustangs, compared to their GM counterparts...well they just don't compare, but you have to give credit where it is due, and I don't believe a blazer could take one...even a v6. And just so you know euro......a bigger tire will make your car accelerate slower not faster....it's effectively the same as putting in a higher (numerically lower) gear. It makes your car slower, but it always looks better

Quick Reply: Eating Mustangs