Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Eating Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Eating Mustangs

Maybe he just don't know how to drive...
His Mustang has 180hp on the hand held dyno, my blazer has 215hp on the same dyno.My curb weightwas considerably reduced (took out back seats and had only 3 gallons of gas left), but that still should not have made adrastic difference.
I don't know how I beat him, I honestly don't. There was no BS in my story though, I assure you that. I beat him to the end of the blacktop and that was it...

His sister Hollyhas a stockRX8 (rich family IMO) that I couldn't take onthe other day, but thats no surprise b/c it has 250bhp. His older bro has a 2004 Jeep Wrangler, but he never races b/cheis really lazy.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:55 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I coulda smoked some guy in a 4 banger stang........we were doing maybe 80k and i heard him stomp it......only thing is his engine went crazy but he went nowhere........i didnt even bother.......

I think he musta recently bought it and the wow factor of owning mustang was still present.

I had a 83 mustang 3.8 and im sure my jimmy would walk all over it.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran

The early 80's mustangswere the 'forgotten generation' ofthe mustang i think, and possibly theugliest ones at that.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:19 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

it was free........i aint complaining......

Old 04-22-2007, 07:50 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The driver of the 'stang must've really sucked... The Mustang (we still don' know what year it was, do we?) HAD to have been the V6. Even then, at most, it should be a close match, without turns.

V6 'stangs are a pretty big joke, power wise (my old Z34 would pull away from the new style of 'stang with a V6) And that only put 173HP to the ground, according to the G-Tech.

Also, at MOST the Mustang will eigh 3300 - 3400lbs, your Blazer should have at least 300lbs on top of that...

FYI, the new 'stang puts out 210HP and 240ft/lbs of torque.

So, either your friend really sucks at driving, something is broken with his Mustang...

And tires squealling means you're at the PEAK traction of your tires. if they squeal without skidding or spinning, that's a GOOD thing. Don't try and go faster with those tires.

Either way, good kill! Bring a video camera next time! Races are fun to watch!

Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 PM
BF Veteran

The Mustang is a 2001 bumble bee yellow with 4 very nice 12' subs in the back. It has a stock V6, and no aftermarket hardware.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i believe him cuz i have beaten one in my old black blazer. those 99-04 bs mustangs with v-6 are slow. and by the way rx-8 come with 238 hp from the factory with a 6 spd and 197 with the auto it wasnt until this year that the auto recieved a 6 spd auto instead of 4 spd and they upped the hp to 212. trust me my g/f has an 05 rx-8 auto. and also the autos are extremely slow at first you have to have the rpms at 4k plus to get the car going fast i raced a bmw 328is with it and got walked all over until i got into the rpms a little but i have gunned it on the highway and walked away from it at about 60-85

Old 04-27-2007, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, that year of 'stang is believable, they were dogs... Heck, my old Z34 kept up to the Convertible GT's

Couldn't pass one, but it couldn't really pull away, either...

I'm surprised those RX-8's still don't have much in the way of torque... Then again, they're not turbo, lol.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:58 PM
b_evans06 is an unknown quantity at this point

I raced a v6 mustang today in my 2door 2wd blazer. It was the bodystyle like the 99-04 (I guess thats right) and it was a5 speed. My blazer just has a k&n air filter and a flowmaster. From the start he pulled about a car length on me and then we just stayed even with my front bumper at his back bumper. I think the weight difference helped him off the line also being a 5 speed helped some too. If it was an automatic mustang I think I could have taken him. This is also with my blazer with 2 passengers and heavy stereo system and 20's and he had a passenger in the car also.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:36 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha this whole thread is hillarious. I highly doubt a Blazer could take a Mustang even a V6, and having owned a Lumina I highly doubt it could take a Stang. But on the "street" anything is possible. I once saw a 2005 Murcielago take a 2003 Enzo. I think the Enzo is in the 650bhp weighing 3000lbs compared to the Murcie's 580bhp and 4000+lbs.

Also I do have a friend that owns a Stang and is "cocky" but his is also Twin Turbo'd, shooting for 1000whp with new setup.

Quick Reply: Eating Mustangs