Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Road Rage!!!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Beginning Member
ctxtreme02 is on a distinguished road

The only good ricer is a dead ricer.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:58 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

People cut me off all the time.. it irritates the sh*t out of me, but i never have the ***** to so anything besides lay on my horn. The Blazer isnt quite big enough for people to worry about cutting off.

Just the other day some stupid chick ON THE PHONE started coming into my lane with no blinker, so i lay on the horn and she still decides to keep coming over, so i slam on the brakes swerve into on coming traffic and she clips my front bumper and just keeps driving. I was going to chase her down but i looked at my bumper and there was no damage so i decided it wasnt worth it.

And then again the other day some big stupid ford lifted god only knows how much on 40's or bigger tried to eat my truck on the freeway. he started moving over when i was right next to him, and i noticed when he was literally a few inches away so i floored it and got out of there. When he saw me dart out he swerved back into his lane.

Other people are stupid.. i always tell myself next time someone cuts me off im not going to hit my brakes but i like my truck and dont want it totaled lol.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

i always tell myself next time someone cuts me off im not going to hit my brakes but i like my truck and dont want it totaled lol.
Yup I totally agree, way too much money & care is in this blazer. Now if I had my '80 Sierra Grande 4x4 that was a brick out house, I may just go oops when people do things like that.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Lol.. I could write a book. Or a longerish essay, anyway.

I've met some ******** on surface streets, but I more or less shrug it off.

But having done Freeway commutes since the early eighties I can tell you from my experience, the biggest ******** of the lot are guys driving Chevy Pickups. Second is guys driving Chevy work vans... down 4th or 5th is guys driving Ford work vans; but I figure they have a 1500 at home.
- Note I'm not talking Suburbans, or blazers or tahoes, and not Vettes or Camaros either.. I'm talking knuckledragger pickup and van drivers.

Sorry if you dont like it but it's the truth. And if you dont believe me, borrow a Ford from someone and drive it on the freeway for a week.

Last edited by pettyfog; 04-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Lol.. I could write a book. Or a longerish essay, anyway.

I've met some ******** on surface streets, but I more or less shrug it off.

But having done Freeway commutes since the early eighties I can tell you from my experience, the biggest ******** of the lot are guys driving Chevy Pickups. Second is guys driving Chevy work vans... down 4th or 5th is guys driving Ford work vans; but I figure they have a 1500 at home.
- Note I'm not talking Suburbans, or blazers or tahoes, and not Vettes or Camaros either.. I'm talking knuckledragger pickup and van drivers.

Sorry if you dont like it but it's the truth. And if you dont believe me, borrow a Ford from someone and drive it on the freeway for a week.
Work Vans are the worst! and as much as I hate to admit it, your right about the Chevy's being the worse ones. I can deal with someone cutting me off or just doing something stupid that they are oblivious to. But when those Vans, or any one for that matter, start tailgating.. I lose my temper. If I have a kid or my wife in the car, I'll brake to a stop and get out. About 2 years ago I kinda scared myself with my own intentions, so I'll go out of my way to keep calm and ignore it anymore.

Another thing, just the other day I almost pulled out on a guy in a camaro until I saw him topping the hill. (Kind of a bad spot). He stops in front of me, gets out and calls me an idiot. I said sorry and that I didn't see him over the hill until the last second. He said maybe you should pay more attention next time dips***. I had my daughter with me, so I pulled out my .45 and said maybe you should go back to your car. He shakes his head and walked away. I could tell he was super pissed. Point is, people are still dicks even when you admit you messed up.

Last edited by FsTFwRd; 04-17-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-17-2012, 09:57 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FsTFwRd
Work Vans are the worst! and as much as I hate to admit it, your right about the Chevy's being the worse ones....

Another thing, just the other day I almost pulled out on a guy in a camaro until I saw him topping the hill. (Kind of a bad spot). He stops in front of me, gets out and calls me an idiot..... Point is, people are still dicks even when you admit you messed up.
Yeah. We all screw up now and then. You cant drive over 3/4 million miles and not, once in a while. That's why two drivers trying to pay attention is best. Drive defensively but optimistically while expecting the unexpected.

When I foof, like starting to change lanes with someone in the blind spot, I take the blame.. even when the guy was just sitting in that position {I try to NEVER hang next to a rear fender}. When the guy looks at me I raise my hand with palm up.. like 'my bad'.

Worse thing though.. after I wrote that yesterday I run errands. I see a chevy pickup 4wd, parked next to my baby, Silverbird.
Get home. I got a ding! Right on the style-stripe at the C-pillar. The ONLY door Ding in this 18yo rust free beauty.

sob..

Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

I one time while I was still stationed on Ft Carson, Colorado, my exwife and I were leaving after I got released for the day headed north on Acadamy BLVD. The city was working on the road doing repairts and what not so they had it cut down from 4 lanes to 1. Well, I sat there, and sat there, and sat there waiting to merge with traffic. Well, I started inching forward real slow to see if I couldnt get anyone to let me in. This guy pulled up beside me, stepped out of his car and flipped me off. He then got back in his car and left. Finally, someone let me merge a few cars behind him so I followed him and when he went to turn off, I pulled up beside him, reached my arm out the window, called him a F****** ****** and let him have the bird back. I was still in uniform at the time. Had I done something wrong, I wouldnt have done that. But I wasnt even close enough to hitting his car. Oh it pissed me off!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

My favorites are the dumbasses that come to a complete STOP in 65MPH traffic to change lanes or merge...

Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

Just don't let the idiots get away with anything. Ride their A$$. The world would be much better if there weren't so many F---ing Idoits around.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer
My favorites are the dumbasses that come to a complete STOP in 65MPH traffic to change lanes or merge...
Ok, this really pisses me off. I work for a landscaping company and drive either an F350 pickup with an 18ft. trailer or an F550 dump truck (also, usually with trailer). Yesterday while pulling a tractor behind the pickup, I had some lady go from 70mph to 15 cutting across 3 lanes to stop and look at the exit sign! Meanwhile, all 8 of my tires are locked up and I'm cussing up a storm...

Something like this happens almost every 50 miles. People think because a big rig goes slow, it must be able to stop faster and be more maneuverable... THEY'RE WRONG. Please, dear god people...Give us space. If even one of our semi-indestructible Blazers were sammiched between a wall and one of my dump trucks, I'm pretty sure I'll live..The other driver wont be as lucky as I.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road Rage!!!