Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Road Rage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Yeah. We all screw up now and then. You cant drive over 3/4 million miles and not, once in a while. That's why two drivers trying to pay attention is best. Drive defensively but optimistically while expecting the unexpected.

When I foof, like starting to change lanes with someone in the blind spot, I take the blame.. even when the guy was just sitting in that position {I try to NEVER hang next to a rear fender}. When the guy looks at me I raise my hand with palm up.. like 'my bad'.

Worse thing though.. after I wrote that yesterday I run errands. I see a chevy pickup 4wd, parked next to my baby, Silverbird.
Get home. I got a ding! Right on the style-stripe at the C-pillar. The ONLY door Ding in this 18yo rust free beauty.
Oh, that would burn me alive!
My son dinged the absolute hell out of a old chevy 2 a few years ago. I felt bad about it, so I had the lady at the target store call over the intercom for him. we walked out and looked at it and he showed me some rust at the bottom of the door and said he was replacing it anyway, not to worry about it. He thanked me and went on with the day.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

I'm usually mellow and understanding of others, but I've been in a bad mood or something recently -
Driving in to work this morning I was in the right lane and needed to make a left turn eventually, so I started looking for an opportunity to change lanes. Finally I see a large gap between an econobox and a Ford Exploder, so I hit the old turn signal and check the mirrors again. As soon as he saw my signal, the Exploder floored it. The space was big enough that I easily got over anyway, but now I have this junker coming up my rear end at well over the speed limit. It pissed me off. I was sorely tempted to stand on my brakes ... I didn't, but I did touch them enough to show lights.
I never do stuff like that, it's pointless and potentially dangerous, but this guy was off in dream land, falling way behind the car in front, and didn't wake up until I signaled when he became determined that there was no way I'd ever get in his lane!!

Or maybe, this being the Denver/metro area, he'd never seen a turn signal before and just totally panicked

Last edited by wyzardd; 04-18-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: like 4 different spleling errerz
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

What gets me the most is the old people who drive.

Last week, I was on my way to the girlfriend's and I had 3 old ladies run a stop sign right in front of me, then realize it was a stop sign and they would end up stopping in the middle of the intersection.

Everytime I gotta be somewhere on time, I pull out of my driveway just to get behind an elderly man or women doing 20 under the speed limit braking up hills.

I think once you hit the age of 60 you have to re-take your liscence test.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Personally, I think EVERYONE should have to retake their slave ID test every 3-5 years.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

On the old people subject...

The old lady down the street from me just hit the gas instead of the brake and took her little Buick off-roading up the cliff at the end of her driveway. If she wanted an off road trail up the cliff, I would have done it with my Jimmy...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Some of the people in this college town scare me with their driving and walking habits. Whether it is cutting me off, pulling out in front of me after waiting until it is almost too late for me to slam the brakes on, not signaling, passing me on a double yellow or pedestrians crossing right in front of me, not that many people are safe drivers or pedestrians (except xgiovannix12 that is). I noticed my factory horn doesn't get anyone's attention until the last second, so I bought an air horn from Harbor Freight for $15 and in bad situations if I can, I use both the air and factory horns to prevent an issue, but alot of people who are on the receiving end of the horn have bad attitudes even if it prevents an accident (which it has many times). I don't flip people off unless they really really really do something unsafe or I know the person and have a good reason. One thing I would love to try one day is to use those horns near the college or town police because they have pulled in front of me before for no reason.

But some are so aggressive and dangerous like years ago someone tried to run me off the road trying to get onto a highway and I had to find out firsthand what the top speed on an S-10 series is to stay just 1 meter in front of him to keep him from rearending me. He was so close I could see the bowtie (Chevy) and flies on his grille in my rearview mirror. I could not even see his bumper or plate. It was a Tahoe and I had no idea they are capable of going so fast. He passed me so fast I could not catch his plate. That was once he had the chance (almost taking my mirror off) while flipping me off and honking just when the engine wouldn't make my truck go any faster. I could have sworn I saw him holding something in his hand and I thought it was a weapon so I actually got down as far as I could. He was probably doing at least 120-130. It was not a cop nor a police package Tahoe. Then 2 seconds later my radar detector went off and I had to slam the brakes on. I heard some noises I don't normally hear and the truck was shaky at that speed. Not something I would ever do unless I saw a possible threat again but considering his actions and seeing what I thought was a weapon had I hit the brakes it would have been a high speed crash or worse.

Last edited by ComputerNerdBD; 04-18-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Common sense is so rare, it should be classified as a super power.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer
Common sense is so rare, it should be classified as a super power.
I agree. Why is it called "common sense" then if it is so uncommon?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

By the gods! What the heck is wrong with people this week? Had a broad right beside me (she was) in a lane that ended and there was no one behind me. She waited until the last second, floored it, then nearly hit me swerving over. Mid-size sedan, so there's no way she didn't see me, she just didn't care... If I didn't value my truck I would have let her smash right into me.

This is a "b!tch about drivers" thread, right?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ComputerNerdBD
I agree. Why is it called "common sense" then if it is so uncommon?
"It's amazing how uncommon common sense really is."

& Wyzard I suppose so, it was one incident I had & felt like posting so... have at 'er.

Quick Reply: Road Rage!!!