Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Road Rage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I drive in the DC area everyday and have issues everyday with stupid people. Not to try and stereo type or put down any race but hands down asian women are the worst then its all the yuppies around here that think the world revolves around them and that driving with their knee while talking on a cell phone and putting on makeup or shaving and don't forget trying to read the morning paper simultaniously is normal and/or safe (yes I have seen this on more than one occasion). I just don't understand why people just can't drive. I admit yes I talk on the phone occasionally and yes I do text while driving but I generally save the long responses for a stop light but I really do try and keep it to a minimun and if there is heavy traffic I won't do either. The thing that gets me the most is when I have my family in the car with me. I get very protective of them and any little idiot out there always seems to find me and test my patience. I do pretty good but I have snatched more than one person out of their car at a a stop light. Its not something I am not proud of it and I will say I have spent time in jail for it and lost my license because of it but I feel that when I was done with these idiots they had a far more clear and aware midset on driving. I just wish people would pay a little more attention when they are behind the wheel. My rant is over lol!!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

So I was headed to the doctor today and I am going over a bridge, this dumbass in an old Ford Expedition decides he wants to turn left from the right hand lane (two way street with four lanes and a turn lane) and stops in the middle of the bridge because no one was letting him get over. I laid on my horn and he goes on and starts trying to hit me by weaving all over the road.

I go around him and he follows me, flies around me and blocks the road in front of me (another two way street with four lanes) gets out and stands in the turn lane and reaches behind his back...I know what he's up to so I aim my van at him, put my head down and floored it. I bet he **** his pants because he obviously didn't expect me to try to hit him. He jumps out of the way at the last second and his gun goes flying under his car. I look behind me and see another guy get out of his car with his gun drawn on the dumbass driver and he's flashing a badge.

So I turn around and head back and the off-duty cop has the occupants of the Expedition on the ground and cuffed. We talked and he saw the entire episode and said I did nothing wrong, he would have done the same thing under the circumstances. Takes my name and address though and lets me go on.

People are so f*cking dumb these days...

Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Retro wins!!!

Please tell me he didnt have a carry permit. IIRC, in texas you can carry in your car, or on your hip in the open, but if it's concealed, you gotta have a permit, right?

Last edited by pettyfog; 04-26-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Blazer - 74520 joules at only 20mph
.45acp - 447 joules

A long time ago some punks stole a Ford Taurus and went joyriding. They managed to annoy me enough that I actually had my 1911 in hand ... then remembered that I, too, was driving a 2-ton weapon (Pontiac Bonneville, not a Blazer back then).
Insurance covered most of the damage, since there was no one to dispute my version of the events except car thieves, but in the days before everyone had a cell phone it took a heck of a long time to get the police to show up.

As a newlywed, I really had better things to do that night than play chicken with teenagers or wait around for Denver PD

Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Road rage is a funny thing...

Ever since i put the "Your truck sucks" on my rear window I've felt a noticeably different attitude in traffic. The Lifted Ford guys are the worst! ha ha, they zoom up on my butt and swerve around like morons, I laugh... and go slower. The Jeep guys are funny, they usually give my truck a nod of respect, and act as if it doesn't apply to them. The Toyota guys however, either take it really well, or freak out and act like we are suddenly at the track, regardless... I drive slower. Cars, ha ha, they are afraid now anyways. Bottom line; he who laughs last, laughs last. So use that middle finger to turn up the radio and let off the gas a little. Smile and wave like your an idiot at all the idiots and you will be so amused at how retardely angry they are that you will not even care anymore.

Fact is if you are above average intelligence, then MORE then half of everyone else is stupid! Something to think about.

In fact I am getting another decal that simply reads "the closer you get, the slower I go".

I should put a decal under my bumper that says "If you can read this YOUR insurance is responsible for damages".

Last edited by Ugly_Monkey; 05-03-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added decal pic
Old 05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Lol ^^^

Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Alot of people in this town are reckless. Yesterday, a silver 2nd gen Blazer (identical to mine if it wasn't a Jimmy) tried to pull in front of me and actually made it into my lane just feet away from me. I hit the brakes and the air horns and he kept going and he was about to get in front of me. I hit the normal horn and he stopped and I was able to just barely get around him. Then he started to go and almost hit the back of my truck. I prevented the accident with the horns. Also thank god I just had new heavy duty ceramic pads and new rotors put on the front or it would have been a crash. He was close and I was only doing 20mph before all this happened. Then he followed me to the Burger King drive thru just feet away from my cargo rack and I felt he was following me, so I locked the doors, wrote down his plate number and was ready to get out of there and call the police, but I got away before he managed to continue. I don't know what is with this town, but there is no shortage of dangerous drivers.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Defiant is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ugly_Monkey
Road rage is a funny thing...

Ever since i put the "Your truck sucks" on my rear window I've felt a noticeably different attitude in traffic. The Lifted Ford guys are the worst! ha ha, they zoom up on my butt and swerve around like morons, I laugh... and go slower. The Jeep guys are funny, they usually give my truck a nod of respect, and act as if it doesn't apply to them. The Toyota guys however, either take it really well, or freak out and act like we are suddenly at the track, regardless... I drive slower. Cars, ha ha, they are afraid now anyways. Bottom line; he who laughs last, laughs last. So use that middle finger to turn up the radio and let off the gas a little. Smile and wave like your an idiot at all the idiots and you will be so amused at how retardely angry they are that you will not even care anymore.

Fact is if you are above average intelligence, then MORE then half of everyone else is stupid! Something to think about.

In fact I am getting another decal that simply reads "the closer you get, the slower I go".

I should put a decal under my bumper that says "If you can read this YOUR insurance is responsible for damages".
This guy needs to be given the nobel peace prize for drivers.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Defiant
This guy needs to be given the nobel peace prize for drivers.
Don't worry, that's just how I drive the truck in the city. I drive the Z26 like I'm "that guy", I "have a problem", and "it's all YOUR fault"! It's a yin/yang thing I guess.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

getting decal for back window that says" Army Veteran with PTSD. Please mess with me."

Quick Reply: Road Rage!!!